Caveman 2 Cosmos

Opps I found a CTD, not sure what causes it. Nothing obvious in the logs. Let me know if you need anything, it crashes as soon as I press next turn.

Also, I was getting a lot of python error popus on every turn since the beginning, much worse than the original RoM 2.2. In fact, I never get those in Rom, if I do it means in 6-7 turns it's game over because of CTDs.

Anyway after disabling the python popus (too annoying), I was able to play for a long while (a couple of days or so) but now it's game over.

I am attaching the logs if it helps.

OK you cant have any pythonerror reporting on. If you have a crash, i need the ONE turn before crash from the WB not the saved game part.

Hello, I have the same problem of you Jof422. I have vista and CIV4 1.74 + BTS 3.17. Therefore, not the CIV complete. When, I lunch the game, it is impossible to have the interface which is quite uncomfortable.
Even if I change in 'regedit' like it was written in a report by Azzer.

I wanted to manage to the exact path of the key in the file 'CvPath.py' (I tested with the both version of the file include in the pack)

Thanks for your help and keep going for this mod

PS: My first message on a forum, I hope it was not too bad :p

Do you have everything set for english only. The reason there is no interface is because of the CvPath, try an older one from some other mod and see if that helps. Just make sure you back-up everything just incase.

I don't get a menu on this thing.

same as above, i hope.

Dang, i never ran into this question before, i was looking about adding alot more religions.

I guess you could go into CIV4ReligionInfo and delete the religion you dont want, but before you do make a back-up of everything before hand, just incase.:rolleyes:

Only reason I bring it up is because of small games there can just be too many religions. Additionally, eventually everyone will have their own religion and diplomacy just goes downhill... nobody can be friends because they hate each others religions!

I'll give it a shot though, thanks!

OK you cant have any pythonerror reporting on. If you have a crash, i need the ONE turn before crash from the WB not the saved game part.

Ok so if I understand well, you want me to go to a previous save, one where when i press "next" it wont crash at the end (but it will crash the next time i press "next"), and save that in WB and send you that?

Ok so if I understand well, you want me to go to a previous save, one where when i press "next" it wont crash at the end (but it will crash the next time i press "next"), and save that in WB and send you that?

You got it, correct, thx. Even TWO before is ok. But nothing more than that.

Here it is, it's from an autosave. If you'd load this to play the game(as a savegame and not wb) you'll have to play the turn then press "next". After you play the next turn and press "next" it will crash.

Thanks for looking into this.

Here it is, it's from an autosave. If you'd load this to play the game(as a savegame and not wb) you'll have to play the turn then press "next". After you play the next turn and press "next" it will crash.

Thanks for looking into this.

Did you re-name the mod name by any chance? Or put it in a different location? Cause i cant get that to work at all, sorry.:blush:

The main reason i ask for WB saves is because when i upload it for downloading, i change the name of my mod to the newer version right away.

It fun to play with subdue animals and archery, isnt it, and when you get a Wardog, watch out, lol. I think these three items have added so much to the game, its just funner to play.

No, the mod folder called Next War Advanced is in the right place on my PC which is D:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced.

I also never can load WBs made this way, the app crashes. Sorry.
I use a trainer and a noCD exe, don't know if that makes a difference. The way I like to play this game is to the hardest difficulty and using cheats. Hey, I like it this way. :p

Anyway, I started a new game (backed up the old saves) on a large map instead of huge and I see how it's going. If it crashes again that's no more civ4 for me. All the other mods failed everywhere, your mod is my last attempt. And yes, extra units and techs make it so much more fun.

The only stable version is the vanilla BTS but that is way too boring.

UPDATE: the new game has reached 950AD with no crashes (previous stopped at 720AD), this game was also made with "PLAY NOW" mode rather than custom game, I've noticed most mods have problems when making customs games and editing victories conditions, etc. No idea why this happens. :confused:

No, the mod folder called Next War Advanced is in the right place on my PC which is D:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced.

I also never can load WBs made this way, the app crashes. Sorry.
I use a trainer and a noCD exe, don't know if that makes a difference. The way I like to play this game is to the hardest difficulty and using cheats. Hey, I like it this way. :p

Anyway, I started a new game (backed up the old saves) on a large map instead of huge and I see how it's going. If it crashes again that's no more civ4 for me. All the other mods failed everywhere, your mod is my last attempt. And yes, extra units and techs make it so much more fun.

The only stable version is the vanilla BTS but that is way to boring.

See there ya go: D:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced.
Thats why i cant get it to work, (i believe) it has to be in your C: same as mine for it to work.:confused: Cause its trying to go to D: drive and i dont have one.

Ah sorry about that, I have a dedicated drive for games. Is there nowhere in the file where this info can be updated?
You think the crashes might be due to my changing default location?

hi there, I've extracted the mod but it doesn't seem to do anything! I get the normal BTS menu with 'Next War Advanced' written in the top right hand corner, but no new civs and playing it it just runs a game of normal BTS. Am I being foolish?

hi there, I've extracted the mod but it doesn't seem to do anything! I get the normal BTS menu with 'Next War Advanced' written in the top right hand corner, but no new civs and playing it it just runs a game of normal BTS. Am I being foolish?

The best way to play a mod is to go and edit the civilizationIV.ini which is in \My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword.

I will show you the part as it looks in mine:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
;Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind
;Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind2
;Mod = Mods\The Road to War
Mod = Mods\Next War Advanced

to disable a mod put a ; in front, to enable it take it off. Simple as that.

Do you get my Next War Advanced picture and theme song "Another One Bites the Dust" if not then its loaded in the wrong place.

The best way to play a mod is to go and edit the civilizationIV.ini which is in \My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword.

I will show you the part as it looks in mine:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
;Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind
;Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind2
;Mod = Mods\The Road to War
Mod = Mods\Next War Advanced

to disable a mod put a ; in front, to enable it take it off. Simple as that.

I dont know what you mean by this, but dont run anything from the My Documents/my games area. I never mess with anything in this area!!:confused:
It should be run from the C: drive, ie: C:program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Next War Advanced

This should be the only way, at least from what i know that is.

Your CivIV.ini is in mydocuments, in the game folder there are only shortcuts to it. ;)

Your CivIV.ini is in mydocuments, in the game folder there are only shortcuts to it. ;)

I knew that, but you shouldn't really mess with that, from what i am told. That was the old way before modular to use that ini file, but now you dont have to mess with it.

i tried different CVPATH issued other mods but this is always the same problem : all words are not visible.I have no problem with other mod.Can you edit a new CVPATH for resovlging this problem?

i tried different CVPATH issued other mods but this is always the same problem : all words are not visible.I have no problem with other mod.Can you edit a new CVPATH for resolving this problem?

Best thing to do is just try as many as you can from any BtS mod and see if that works, thats all about i can think of, sorry. Or look in the tech info area and see if anyone else has had this problem.

Hi
And a big thanks for your job on Next War Advanced.
Excuse me if my english is not good but i'm French.
Just 2 thinks to built a better mod (for now) :
- There isn't Israel in game but i see you want put it.
- Your mod doesn't work when my interface civ is in French so i must put in English i dont know Why (Try it on your civilization game) ? If you can change it, i can make my best to traduct your civilopedia in French.
A time more : Thanks for Next War Advanced
My e-mail : elfoyador@hotmail.com

Top Bottom