Interesting Screenshots

A few pages back, a guy said the Sun would just collapse. That is incorrect.

Over billions of years, the sun grows larger and larger, with our sun, we are still at a quite good stage (Lucky us, we don't want to die now :p). The sun will start it's process by unleashing 'super novas' which is mass heat ejected from the sun, kind of like it's bleeding. The super nova basically burns the sky, because there is over a thousand chemicals in the sky, most of it is methane. As you all know, methane is flammable, and the increased heat signatures from the sun will basically light the sky on fire, which would burn the surface of the Earth. Once the sun reaches it's final stage, it will sort of be like a balloon being blown larger and larger, until it's completely swallowed the solar system, and then it will literally explode, and what starts again is a white dwarf as you people call it. We've had a completely different solar system quite a few billion years ago (My estimate is 36 billion years).

But Swiss Mercenary was half right about something though. Yes, atomic mass can affect the sun, it will speed up the sun's process, but not collapse it completely.

- - - -

Oh, and I don't have a screenshot, but this is an interesting story...

It was 1400 AD, and I wasn't building any military (All I had was a Medieval Infantry and a Longbowman) and I met my opponent, and when I checked my military adviser, he said my military was stronger than theirs! All I had was 2 units.

Over billions of years, the sun grows larger and larger, with our sun, we are still at a quite good stage (Lucky us, we don't want to die now :p). The sun will start it's process by unleashing 'super novas' which is mass heat ejected from the sun, kind of like it's bleeding. The super nova basically burns the sky, because there is over a thousand chemicals in the sky, most of it is methane. As you all know, methane is flammable, and the increased heat signatures from the sun will basically light the sky on fire, which would burn the surface of the Earth. Once the sun reaches it's final stage, it will sort of be like a balloon being blown larger and larger, until it's completely swallowed the solar system, and then it will literally explode, and what starts again is a white dwarf as you people call it. We've had a completely different solar system quite a few billion years ago (My estimate is 36 billion years).
Dude, what is your IQ, like 50? OUR SUN IS NOT BIG ENOUGH TO BECOME A SUPERNOVA!!!!!!!!!! The Solar System has looked like this for a long time, (with the exception of The first billion yrs or so, the dwarf planets, and the way the Earth looked and what was on it) though it was most certainly different at its creation, when scientists theorize that it was a cloud of gas that came from a supernova explosion. Which was 4.6 billion yrs ago. As for 36 billion yrs ago, not only did our solar system not exist, the universe, and thus space and time, did not exist, meaning 36 billion yrs ago cannot exist. Was that too compicated for your small brain to comprehend? :crazyeye:

You need to look at that screenie again. He's Ottomans, and the Greeks are the ones who were destroyed.
Oh. It doesnt work for AI's then?

Dude, what is your IQ, like 50? OUR SUN IS NOT BIG ENOUGH TO BECOME A SUPERNOVA!!!!!!!!!! The Solar System has looked like this for a long time, (with the exception of The first billion yrs or so, the dwarf planets, and the way the Earth looked and what was on it) though it was most certainly different at its creation, when scientists theorize that it was a cloud of gas that came from a supernova explosion. Which was 4.6 billion yrs ago. As for 36 billion yrs ago, not only did our solar system not exist, the universe, and thus space and time, did not exist, meaning 36 billion yrs ago cannot exist. Was that too compicated for your small brain to comprehend? :crazyeye:

You've got proof that it wasn't that old? The sun doesn't have to be a certain size to have a supernova, it needs to be a stage. Scientists on planet earth are ******ed. Their theories are well, theories. They cannot back it up. They make some good things with science sure, but if they realized what this universe holds, we are the skid mark of a galaxy. Use common sense. Everything dies out eventually. Either it decomposes, grows too old to last, or it explodes by too much pressure. EVERYTHING DIES OUT. Maybe not always the same way, but it eventually does. This galaxy which we call the Milky Way is older than you think. Every star you see in the sky, is a galaxy, planet, or sun. Think of it. Us all down here, thinking we are smart, we may be to our standard's and Earth's, but look around in the sky, do we know a lot about it? No, we do not. We do not even know our own solar system, let alone another sector of this galaxy.

@dhighland: (sorry about continuing discussion, just have to say this) All right, so I cant prove it. Nobody can actually PROVE it. They would need a time machine for that (which is currently impossible). We all have our own ideas, and it's okay for you to have yours. But they have pretty good evidence, and its the current model of "history". I'll be shocked if you can find 20 people that agree with you (No offence at all is intended here, or in my last post, so sorry if it looked like there was). Let's just permanently drop this discussion about the universe, okay (which I'm sure Turner was trying to do, and I also think he's considering banning me for this- sorry, Turner!)?
EDIT: BTW, I love the new forum layout!

Look familiar? :hmm:
Without looking at the minimap (assuming you could), see if you can identify where this screenie came from.

I hope there's something harder to get than it just being a mod that takes place in central-northern Europe in early WWII... Is there?

Well, obviously, it's the Germans in WWII. Now can you show us the Minimap? :D

That looks almost EXACTLY like the civ2 WWII scenario! Wow, what a blast from the past..... :)

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I am totally convinced it's civ2's WWII scenario created for civ3. Oh the memories I have of that scenario... Like the Allies allying with Germany, and taking over Russia...Colonizing India.....Leading the Turks to victory in the Middle East against the Allies.... :D :D :D

@d.highland and choxorn to clear all thoughts on this matter its like this: there 2 possible final stages for a star and additional 2 which require very specific conditions to happen. The 2 that are common are black hole and super nova. The defining factor for them is the size of the star if its big enough, the core of the star has enough mass to make it collapse on its self thus creating a black hole. If however the mass is not sufficient for this to happen the outer part of the star starts to drift away until at some point an explosion happens in the core which creates a super nove as they say in the movies "Its a once in a life time experience, cuz if you see it first hand you are no longer among us" :). The other 2 final stages are somewhat specific, they are neutron star and white dwarf. As far as i know both of them are different results of not completely successful black hole transformation and both of them have unimaginable gravity pulls /neutron star has bigger/. This is the practical example with which scientist explain the gravity of a neutron star: If you drop a rose on a relativly small neutron star it will fall with the destructive force of bout 1 000 000 nuclear bombs or something like that :D. Hope this clears up matters and as far as our sun is involved i think its considered very small star and the chances of it becoming black hole are bout 0%

Top Bottom