how to change b-52 art back to original in next war mod (latest patch 3.17)?

s0ulst0rms

Chieftain
"Replaced regular bomber images with B-52 by Snafusmith."

So the B-52 is a nice model, but I much prefer the original bomber art. Can someone show me how to edit it back for Next War mod? Thanks!

Presuming the default bomber is the b-52 and it's not a style/flavour unit ...

I haven't installed the new patch so you'll have to find out some stuff first.

Go into civ4artdefinesunit.xml. Search for bomber. Look at the entry and see if it looks like this:

<NIF>Art/Units/Bomber/Bomber.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Bomber/Bomber.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Bomber/Bomber_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>

Also look through assets/art/units ... is there a folder there called "bomber"?

I think that if there is, you can just remove that folder (move it for now, in case you have to put it back), and make sure that the bomber entry under civ4artdefinesunit.xml is the same as above. Technically it should then revert to using the bomber in the vanilla civ art paks.

The next war mod Civ4ArtDefines_Unit.xml looks different for the bomber entry:

<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/B-52.dds</Button>
<NIF>Art/Units/B52/B52.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/StealthBomber/StealthBomber.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/B52/B52.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/StealthBomberShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>

I tried searching for these files but they don't exist, even in the parent Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\ folders. Strangely, without these files, the original (non-mod) version still shows an original functioning bomber. Any suggestions?

I tried searching for these files but they don't exist, even in the parent Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\ folders. Strangely, without these files, the original (non-mod) version still shows an original functioning bomber. Any suggestions?

The original bomber art files are in the art pak files, like I said.

These are in the vanilla civ directories, named art0.fpk through to art3.fpk - these are like compressed versions of the art files complete with directory structure, which the game can read. Some mods also use pak files.

You can unpak them with Pakbuild:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=136023

But you don't really need to do that. All you need to do, if you want original bomber, is change the xml entry back to what it is in the regular game.

Top Bottom