Expansion pack announced - Civilization V: Gods & Kings

Resolution isn't that great but when zoomed in I can make out founder belief, follower belief, follower belief 2, enhancer belief and bonus belief and a list of SP-like effects. From this I deduce that at certain points (presumably linked to these 'faith points') they can be used to increase the benefits gained from the religion.
As for espionage, I see the words establishing surveillance, counter intelligence and rigging elections:cool:

EDIT: I also notice bonus belief says "Byzantines only", add another new civ to the list.

On the first screenshot showing units (the machine gun), I can make out this in the tool tip:
hm hm successfully rigged the local elections in <city>, increasing your influence and reducing the influence of other major civs

If there is a retail-version you can buy it in the shop. Next to that it'll probably also be available at different digital vendors and depending on the vendor you can have different pay options.

the problem is that i dont trust paying online so i hope they make a dvd version

Studying them closer, look at those techs being researched. Iron working will unlock 3 different units/buildings rather then just 2, but I can't make out what the 3rd could be.
Combustion will unlock destroyers and some type of tank that looks different from the current ones, but it's hard to tell if that's a UU replacing the tank or if it's an early tank with "proper" ones being moved further up the tree. That one kinda looks like a very early one, but hard to tell with such a small picture.
Finally, Flight is providing 2 units and a special ability of some kind. The 2 units kinda look like a very early fighter and some type of bomber, presumably also a early version since it doesn't look the same as bombers and would come earlier in the tree.

So Ed Beach is the new lead designer taking over for Jon on this expansion. Here's an interview transcript from back when CIV V was originally released that's worth a read.

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/192740-8th-Official-Civ5-Podcast-on-AI-in-Civilization-V!

Something else that's pretty interesting - Ed's a published boardgame designer. :) His game, "Here I Stand" is currently ranked #33 on BoardGameGeek, (which is hugely impressive considering the amount of games on that list).

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17392/here-i-stand

Good luck Ed - hopefully the rest of the game has been balanced for these new features that look to give tons of additional bonuses...

I'm cautiously optimistic about that.
Will it have health, engine optimization and balance? I'm still shocked how bad the Civ5 tech tree is.

Well i am not trying to spoils the excitment for the new features, but what civ 5 really need is a improved AI that gives you chalenge... there is one line that says the ai will be improved, but as it did not came as a "major feature" i think it is only to use the new features what is a pity

Will they fix that you can play online with mods? have been waiting now for over a year to play earth maps with my friends? still sits and plays civ 4 because of this mistake Firaxis has done!

Post here to let me know what you think!

Amaziiiing! :D

This will definately make Civ 5 SO much better!

Now the only tiny little thing I can ask for, and I will be happier than you can possibly imagine, is for the borders to be able to go back and forth (using culture) as in Civ 4. And being able to take over cities by that way, using culture. It really was a great diversion to be able to expand without using military.

I love the religion screenshots. It looks like great fun!

I've been waiting for the first major upgrade. I can't wait to see what it does to the game. I'm a bit leery of the spy thing though, I didn't like that much in Civ IV. As to religions, it all depends on how it's implemented. If it's like religion in IV, I can most certainly do without it. But hopefully it's done in a different fashion.

If all this does is fix the AI so that your computer opponents aren't so damned unrealistic and crazy, I'll be most happy and can live with the rest.

Yes the netherlands :D

It seems they listented to the community and add religion and I have no doubt diplomacy will be improved

Top Bottom