How to create units who can Finish Improvements

bcaspius

Chieftain
I have tried to create units that can finish improvements. Though I click the Finish Improvements check box in Special Actions, the action doesn't show when playing the game. Can anyone tell me if I am missing something?

Yes, you are missing something.

Are they also checked 'Leaders'?

I can't figure out how to get the Leader Checkbox activated - it is greyed out. This, despite selecting Leader in Unit Abilities.

OK, bcaspius, sorry I did not get back to you sooner.

Here are the exact stats for my unit, 'Imperial Minister' and I just double checked and the 'Finish Improvements' worked fine, so here goes.
--shield cost 0/pop 0 and no upgrade, also with no Prerequisite, also please note this unit in my Mod only comes via certain building improvements.
Next, move 2/trans 0/ Oper. 0
Attack 2/ Defense 4/ HP 4 (This minister has 'body guards' :goodjob:
next line 0/0/0
and 2 Air defences (knows how to duck! :lol: )

Unit Abilities: (This is a window bottom left)
Highlight the following, Leader, Detect Invisible (optional), All Terrain As Roads and Radar both probably optional. Just make sure you have the Leader Ability highlighted

ON Standard Orders, I have all checked but disband so the AI is hobbled there to. Under 'Special Actions', Load, Finish Improvements and Science Age (which is optional),
Lastly under Woker/Engineer Actions I have Build Fort, and Build Barricade with Worker strength (far left) set to 300 all these settings are again optional. And the AI will not use these last two features.

Under AI Strategies, skip it.

I hope this helps!
Happy Modding ;)

Edit, reading below I realize that I have not proven the AI uses these leaders I make up to finish improvements, I will do so soon however. :blush:

Start with the leader thats in the game, then change graphics and abilities as you want/need. If the leader option becomes grayed out then you will know what option needs to be/cant be selected. :)

Well, bcaspius I hope you will enjoy this near one-sided discussion of mine, I checked the settings with the default Leader, whom I renamed, but kept the stats near the same and the yes same setting ideas still apply.

The KEY is in the Abilities box lower left, just highlight 'Leader' there and I believe most of the rest is relative.

I have a question

How can you let a worker build a new improvement ?
I made a turret i can build it in a city but i would like to be able to build it outside a city on a fixed location so i guess i have to make it a worker action like build fortress.
How can i do that ?

I have a question

How can you let a worker build a new improvement ?
I made a turret i can build it in a city but i would like to be able to build it outside a city on a fixed location so i guess i have to make it a worker action like build fortress.
How can i do that ?

Sorry, not possible :( - But welcome to CFC :goodjob:

-Oz

PS The usual compromise for what you're trtying to achieve is make the unit both immobile and air-dropable.

-O.

Top Bottom