Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Renaissance Era

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Industrial Era

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Modern Era

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
He probably does not have G&K/BNW. Also Rocket Artillery is meant to end the game along with other units such as Stealth Bombers, nukes, XCOM Squad, ect.

Damned straight! Though I don't generally nuke (just feels cheesy) I like the fast pace at which you can mow people over with RA+. Artillery don't work well unless you've got a great tech lead and no bottlenecks, otherwise I find myself shooting Great war Infantry for, like, 15 pts of damage and such.

I do play on Immortal/Deity, though, so I'm not getting that decent tech lead until Industrial+ (if ever).

Usually I'll start in the Medieval, then battle in the Rennasaince, but if I'm playing an early game warmonger, I'll build up right of the bat and start taking over.

In water-heavy maps, frigates and privateers are my bread and butter, so renaissance. On land-heavy maps, I find that war starts happening with crossbows and the medieval era, but I prefer to push that to renaissance if possible.

Build a military so as not to be a pushover? Usually Medieval. Actually go to war, usually not at all if I can avoid it. Sometimes right off the bat though. Depends on the game.

I read on another thread that there are four decisive points that a would-be warmonger should try to reach as fast as possible and preferably before any other civs. Reaching these points first gives you a window of opportunity to destroy one or two civs each, and then stop and prepare for the next war. First, composite bows. Second, crossbows. Third, artillery. Fourth, Bombers. After the fourth one, it can be straight on uninterrupted conquest until the end of the game. Stealth Bombers, Rocket Artillery, and XCOM Squads arrive for you to complete your conquest in the late game.

I read on another thread that there are four decisive points that a would-be warmonger should try to reach as fast as possible and preferably before any other civs. Reaching these points first gives you a window of opportunity to destroy one or two civs each, and then stop and prepare for the next war. First, composite bows. Second, crossbows. Third, artillery. Fourth, Bombers. After the fourth one, it can be straight on uninterrupted conquest until the end of the game. Stealth Bombers, Rocket Artillery, and XCOM Squads arrive for you to complete your conquest in the late game.

That's fairly accurate. And the comment about catapults was madness. Even in previous versions of the game... like vanilla, catapults weren't all that relevant. First horses were OP, and now it's ranged units. Artillery is the first unit that isn't irrelevant compared to the archer/chariot archer rush, in the current state of the game.

Usually cannons.

I like cats too. No matter what era, I don't go to war unless I have 4 siege of some kind and more on the way.

Whenever I have archers or composite bowmen ready. Sometimes I even go to war when another civilization has an unguarded worker that my unit can take away. The other civilization revs up for war. I rev up for war whenever another civilizations tries to run away with my worker.

There also exists a situational timing point at navigation, when frigates come into play. Frigates are obscenely OP if you have them and no one else does.

I'll fight anytime of course but modern weapons are my favorite. Tanks, subs, bombers, MLRS and nukes.

As soon as I get siege weapons I go bust a few lips.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Top Bottom