Initial AI ideology influence

Nelsonius

Chieftain
Is there a pre-ideology strategy to cause the AI to follow your ideology? Does it matter if you've been creating tourism from T1? I usually wait until archaeologists but it seems too little too late to switch them. I'm looking for them to follow instead of switch.

The first 3 civs aren't likely to follow each other. The AI weighs advantages and getting to an ideology first is one of the higher things that they weigh so that they can get the free social policies.

Now if you are talking about the others after them, the best way is to have a dominant culture and to be very friendly with the other civs. They factor relationships in. That being said, the AI seems to love order, likely for the happiness benefits.

I do not know much about it but it has to do with the leaders' personalities, for those who like to expand a lot(Japan,Germany,Shaka,etc.) they are very likely to pick autocracy,while peaceful ones who keeps only around 5 to 7 cities(on a standard map) will go for freedom(Gandhi,Theresa and so on),order is the most unpredictable one,if you want to see if a leader will choose between order or autocracy,it does't matter the # of cities they have,but rather # of soldiers,on my last playthrough as spain on deity,the Dutch picked autocracy instead of order which really surprised me,but as soon as I find out that they spam the most soldiers it wont be a surprise at all.

Let's face it, if we are left with two choices that have been picked, and the third one gives you two policies, we are likely to pick that too.

I generally find the AI prefers order and autocracy, and freedom is actually picked almost the least - I am usually freedom, and the AIs that pick freedom tend to be the ones I'm very influential with. If they forego freedom they do it at their own risk.

I've been in one game in which I was first to ideology and the first AI then picked the same one I did.
It was when I picked Order. (I was going for the Order achievements)

Ohh, that's interesting. I think Order has the most happiness potential associated with it. That could explain why the AIs always pick that. The autocracy AIs probably build a ton of barracks and walls naturally, which explains why some civs seem to go for that.

Top Bottom