Oops I did it again

thecommonnate

Theocrat
Hey everybody, I recently bought BNW off of Steam. The thing is, I never really played too much of the Vanilla game. Literally two games. Its grown on me, so I'm going to give it some more time. I have basic questions though.

First off, are the scenarios and civs from Gods and Kings the only only things missing from BNW? How do I get the civs? For $30? That's probably not going to happen but I like Austria and Netherlands as options.

Lastly, I'm just looking for good, all around, reads. Mostly for policy choices. For example, would it be a bad idea to adopt honor and liberty in the same game, all before year 0?

Scenarios and civs are the only things missing from G&K, yeah. Of course many of them are a lot of fun (Maya are a favorite of mine) so I'd recommend watching Steam sales and picking it up when it's cheap.

As far as policies go, Liberty generally needs some specific map conditions to be the best option (plenty of room to expand and multiple unique luxuries in the capital location) and Honor is almost never the best option for your first policy. Tradition is definitely the safest option; even on a map where Liberty would've been better you can just go out and puppet the AI cities that'll take up the space you would have grabbed with Liberty.

Try buying off eBay. Some sellers on eBay have steam codes for g&k for cheap, I got mine for about 15. I think these guys are selling free gifts and stuff

Top Bottom