What happend to Continents?

Hakuoh

Warlord
Did they change anything on the Script?
Right now iam getting so much Bad maps that i quiet after i explored the Area.
Isolated Starts, Almost no Land, many or Giant Inlandlakes or just small Conections like 2-3 Tieles ..
Before you most likely had 2 Big landmasses and maybe a few Island but now its a big mess.. I enjoyed it the most with 2 big landmasses.

I always played on a Giant map with 14 Civs and i dindt change anything in my options..

I find the default continents map to be pretty uninteresting. Continents Plus is good - lots of little island chains are cool... but it puts all the CSs on the islands, and puts all the civs on the mainlands. It can get boring, and severely limits CS quests since it takes so long to find them.

Other options can be downloaded: Communitas, Tectonics, PerfectWorld. I'm really enjoying PerfectWorld at the moment.

It's why I'm going for Small Continents with a low sealevel. Roughly about as much land as with normal Continents, but much more variety in the forms of the continents, guaranteed coastal starts and a few other perks.

Try Communitas map script, also availaible in Terra mode. It's basically a Continent map, but with a lot of small islands, and inland seas connected to oceans.

I like the Communitas map except that I generally find a lack of hill starts / adjacent mountain starts. Resource distribution and how they map climate related to elevation is fantastic though.

I like the Communitas map except that I generally find a lack of hill starts / adjacent mountain starts. Resource distribution and how they map climate related to elevation is fantastic though.

This is my problem with it too. It's kind of funny how Perfect world has mountains absolutely everywhere, why Communitas has them only very rarely. A middle ground would be nice.

Until then I like perfect world though. A little imbalanced maybe, but I like to think it's imbalanced for everyone :) Not to mention it's pretty.

Top Bottom