Great work/relic question

jonpfl

Prince
All,

When you create a great work or find a relic, what if you don't have anywhere to put it?

Do you have a repository that you can store them in or is that not allowed?

Thx
jonpfl

You cannot create one unless you have an empty slot. I park mine and keep them covered by my home defense until I have open slots. The Music ones are the bottle neck in my games.

Antiquity sites you can still do, but you will have to make a Tile Site.

Sadly there is no warehouse, one tip is to avoid building the Artist's guild until after the you got Museums, and unless you have Cathedrals available. don't built it.

Sadly there is no warehouse, one tip is to avoid building the Artist's guild until after the you got Museums, and unless you have Cathedrals available. don't built it.

Why would you wait? You can park them and pop as soon as you have space. Putting off building up the points seems very bad for me.

Do Great People cost unit maintenece? not sure, but it comes across as pretty much the same, really. But then again you can use those 2 citizens for something else as you're not spending them on building up your artists.

Do Great People cost unit maintenece? not sure, but it comes across as pretty much the same, really. But then again you can use those 2 citizens for something else as you're not spending them on building up your artists.

They cost maintence, but by the time they start popping Gold should be a minor issue. My thinking after knowing there were bottle necks was. They take time to build, get to it and once you have buildings they have a work in it. Once you get to where you can build the buildings, they come fast!!

Just seemed to help me out. Thanks for replying. :)

Art isn't necessarily a bottleneck. If you're going for a culture-heavy game, you'll probably want Sistine Chapel or Uffizi anyway.

So, unless you have a museum, you probably shouldn't be sending archaeologists out to dig up sites outside of your borders, huh?

What do you find when you dig up sites with the archaeologists? Where can you put what you find?

Thx
jonpfl

You find artifacts, which are essentially the same as art as far as slots go - so they go in museums, Louvre, Sistine Chapel, Uffizi, Palace, Parthenon and Hermitage. However, they are different in terms of theming bonuses. Artifacts can only be themed in museums and Louvre, while art can be themed pretty much anywhere.

If you don't have a slot for the artifact, you can only turn it into a landmark, which you would probably want to avoid if you're digging on foreign lands.

You find artifacts, which are essentially the same as art as far as slots go - so they go in museums, Louvre, Sistine Chapel, Uffizi, Palace, Parthenon and Hermitage. However, they are different in terms of theming bonuses. Artifacts can only be themed in museums and Louvre, while art can be themed pretty much anywhere.

If you don't have a slot for the artifact, you can only turn it into a landmark, which you would probably want to avoid if you're digging on foreign lands.

Umm, someone suggested a bad thing here. If the dig site is outside of ring 3, turn into a site. It denys the AI a great work!! :goodjob:

Umm, someone suggested a bad thing here. If the dig site is outside of ring 3, turn into a site. It denys the AI a great work!! :goodjob:

Heh, that's a good point. Although I wouldn't go through that trouble and waste an archaeologist just for that - besides, the AI tends to cram those cities too tight for that to work.

Top Bottom