Ideology Opener

dexters

Gods & Emperors
Supporter
- Question:

Just noticed this,happened 2nd time so far out of 5 games.

When I unlocked my ideology (not a first mover so not bonus 2 openers) I picked it from the menu then I hit Next Turn.

Then I realized I didn't pick my opener. When I go back to it the next turn, it is telling me I need to fill my culture bar to pick.

Is it not always guaranteed that we get a freebie opener for unlocking an ideology or is it a bug where if you don't pick the turn you unlock the ideolgy, you lose the freebie?

On a related note:

- Please share your ideology opener ; I've been picking the +25% GP bonus

Is it not always guaranteed that we get a freebie opener for unlocking an ideology ...

It is not guaranteed.
The first person to select each ideology gets 2 free.
The second person for each ideology gets 1 free.
Everyone else gets ZERO free.

Unless maybe if social policy saving is on, the game wouldn't let you end turn without picking your free ideology policy if you had one.

No, because as I play with that and Promotions Saving on, it lets you then pick any time, so you can save culture and it continues to fill up until you decide to pick something.

I don't think you can end turn with a free policy even with social policy saving on. The 1/2 policy you get for early picking counts as free IIRC.

I don't think you can end turn with a free policy even with social policy saving on. The 1/2 policy you get for early picking counts as free IIRC.

...True.. I think..

Either way, the chances are, you adopted an Ideology adopted already by 2 other civs.

Top Bottom