Max number of religion

SIMPA

Prince
Hej!!!
Just one question...
Iplay on the custom map with 22 players and about 18 city states but max number of found new religion is 4.
I guess that max number of religions is set by number of players on map so on my map about 10 religions(of 11) would be normal.
Where can I change max nuber of religions in game or map....
Thx

I remember it was said that it was going to be half of the players, so if you have 22 you get 11 etc.

But once it was released nope, max is 7. If that's the case the number 11 is irrelevant, so you could have had like 20 religions, split up Sunni and Shia (spelling?) and then Christianity into Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy and Protestantism, and then added other religions such as Jainism.

4 is likely the "default" since you are on a custom map. Seems unfortunate that it doesn't calculate by number of civs. Hopefully there is a way to change the max on these maps but unfortunately I don't know.

It seems to be set to half + 1, but evidently it's hardcoded for each case (6 civs = 4 religions, 8 civs = 5 religions, etc) and not set according to the actual # of civs in game.

Do this test, put 22 civs on a huge map, then put 11 civ on a huge map.

Both result in seven religions.

It's the size of the map that controls the number of religions.

4 is likely the "default" since you are on a custom map. Seems unfortunate that it doesn't calculate by number of civs. Hopefully there is a way to change the max on these maps but unfortunately I don't know.

It seems to be set to half + 1, but evidently it's hardcoded for each case (6 civs = 4 religions, 8 civs = 5 religions, etc) and not set according to the actual # of civs in game.

Its hard coded by Map size... not # civs.

There's also no way to increase religions above 7 because the later religions founded would run out of beliefs to select.

There's also no way to increase religions above 7 because the later religions founded would run out of beliefs to select.

There's mods out there that add more beliefs. I think there is a way to do this but it's going to require more skilled person than me.

Anyone found a way to increase the max # of religion's allowed?

The number of religions is fixed depending on what the game (or yourself in worldbuilder) set the size of the map.

The max "legal" number of religions i 8 without Byzantium and 7 with Byzantium. There's no way to have 9 religions unless you have more beliefs (there's only 7 or 8 Founder Beliefs, and 16 follower beliefs (for 8 relgiions).

You can EASILY change the max number of religiosn by going to XML/GameInfo/Civ5Worlds.xml and editing the
<MaxActiveReligions>(max-religion-number-here)</MaxActiveReligions> line in each of the sizes.

The number of religions is fixed depending on what the game (or yourself in worldbuilder) set the size of the map.

The max "legal" number of religions i 8 without Byzantium and 7 with Byzantium. There's no way to have 9 religions unless you have more beliefs (there's only 7 or 8 Founder Beliefs, and 16 follower beliefs (for 8 relgiions).

You can EASILY change the max number of religiosn by going to XML/GameInfo/Civ5Worlds.xml and editing the
<MaxActiveReligions>(max-religion-number-here)</MaxActiveReligions> line in each of the sizes.

First, thanks for the help.

Edit: nvm found it, thank you so much for the help! Ima also increase the cap of natural wonders too, hope I don't break anything xD

If something breaks then simply validate your game cache as this will check if you have the "correct" date and will update any changed files accordingly.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm wanting to mess with the maximum religions as well; I actually used the information from this thread to increase the Huge map size yet further, because I like bigger maps, but from what I can tell there's no MaxReligions line at all; like, nothing to do with religion in there or anything. Should I add it in.... is it not there in the latest patch (1.0.3.144), or am I at the wrong address entirely? :)\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo)

Thanks for any help/advice you can give with changing the maximum number of religions, been wanting to do a game where everyone has their own religion (and admittedly, an entirely broken game where there's only two religions and the map turns into a crusade) and caaaan't quite figure out how to make it go.

Attachments

• CIV5Worlds.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 461
My advice to anyone moding this is:

1. Don't increase it past the number of religious icons there are to choose from.
2. In addition don't increase it so much that the game might run of out spots.

There needs to be 2 times number of religions +1 follower beliefs
An extra founder & enhancer spot (& technically pantheons as well)
No extra spots needed for Reformation, but you don't want to go past that either.

13 as far as I know is the max icons in bnw for religions

But that means there needs to be at least 23 Pantheons, 14 Founder beliefs, 29 Follower beliefs, 14 Enhancer beliefs, AND in case, 13 Reformation beliefs.

Ah, no, sorry if I was misunderstood; I'm having trouble in that, the line you say to edit, Oz, <MaxActiveReligions> straight up DOES NOT EXIST in my Civ5Worlds.xml; I have various mods adding beliefs and such so I'm not terribly worried about that, I just can't edit it because the line is missing; Do I add it in? Where? Why would it be missing, anyway? I attached my Civ5Worlds file above to show how it's just... not in there. Am I looking at the right file?

I'll assume you're trying to edit BNW file

assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Worlds.xml

:)

Code:
<Row>
			<Type>WORLDSIZE_HUGE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_WORLD_HUGE</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_WORLD_HUGE_HELP</Help>
			<DefaultPlayers>12</DefaultPlayers>
			<DefaultMinorCivs>24</DefaultMinorCivs>
			<GridWidth>128</GridWidth>
			<GridHeight>80</GridHeight>
[B][I][U]			<MaxActiveReligions>7</MaxActiveReligions>[/U][/I][/B]
			<FogTilesPerBarbarianCamp>35</FogTilesPerBarbarianCamp>
			<NumNaturalWonders>7</NumNaturalWonders>
			<UnitNameModifier>0</UnitNameModifier>
			<TargetNumCities>6</TargetNumCities>
			<NumFreeBuildingResources>7</NumFreeBuildingResources>
			<BuildingClassPrereqModifier>100</BuildingClassPrereqModifier>
			<MaxConscriptModifier>75</MaxConscriptModifier>
			<TerrainGrainChange>1</TerrainGrainChange>
			<FeatureGrainChange>1</FeatureGrainChange>
			<ResearchPercent>130</ResearchPercent>
			<NumCitiesUnhappinessPercent>60</NumCitiesUnhappinessPercent>
			<NumCitiesPolicyCostMod>5</NumCitiesPolicyCostMod>
			<NumCitiesTechCostMod>2.5</NumCitiesTechCostMod>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>120</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<EstimatedNumCities>132</EstimatedNumCities>
			<IconAtlas>WORLDSIZE_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<PortraitIndex>5</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>

Man, if there was a merit system I would log in every day for the next month just to jam that button again, thank you so VERY much.

Sorry to necro this threat but I found it via search function.

My idea is to expand the number of religions and beliefs to suit for a 43-civs-game by simply cloning everything coded in CIV5Beliefs.xml via a mod. Maybe 2 x 13 religions = 26 religions and 3 x all the beliefs ...

Did anybody try this before? Any experience with religious cloning?

Top Bottom