Political Cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting much closer to the G8 summit now. They meet in Gleneagles, Scotland, between 6 - 8th July. America still can't bring itself to join the carbon trading systems which all other G8 nations have signed to. They also continue to refuse to engage in the trading systems which business leaders have voluntarily entered into (Chicago & Amsterdam Carbon Exchanges). Their reason? It will slow their economy by 0.5% over a 10 year period.

[EDIT: Actually best estimates show that if the US were to adopt a Canadian carbon trading system it would cost their economy 0.5% of GDP over a 20 year period (Economist Leader: 25th June - 1st July 2005)]

Climate change doesn't allow for 'freedom' of emissions burning.

Attachments

• kyotoliberty.gif
    kyotoliberty.gif
    37.8 KB · Views: 350
Other ones from Chris Madden:

And I love this one. It sums up all I think of animal rights protestors. I went to the circus with my 2 year old nephew and there wasn't a single animal for him to see thanks to the activists' idiocy and hypocracy against them.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
:confused:
I don't recognize anything in that one except the "HH".
I was hoping someone else would shed some light on that one.

Just a quick 'hats off' to ybbor for presenting cartoons from both sides of the US political divide, even though he's 'firmly entranched' in one of them. :goodjob: and :hatsoff:

it's never a matter of positions for me with political cartoons, as long as they're funny (in fact if you look at all my posts in this thread my guess in 75% are anti-GOP)

@ pboily: Were you refering to me? If I'm offering an unbalanced presentation then say so and I'll go out of my way. Or perhaps I'm just being paranoid :lol:

Anyway, here are some of the other issues going on at the G8 summit next week. Some will be discussed, some won't:

@Ram: not in the slightest my man, I thouroughly enjoy your expertise in the liberal arts (both this thread and the, ahem, Romanly named thread, let's say...).

I was merely pointing out that on either side of the divide, our American brethren have (and so have we, let us be frank) recently had a tendency to point at opponents with 20 or more digits; I find ybbor's ability to "engage" his current administration quite refreshing considering he is an avowed conservative.

As for your posting proclivities ... you have been showing us a number of sides to the issues. What's more, these are sides that we do not usually get to study. What's even more, the cartoons are usually pretty good...

Keep chugging, the both of you (and all others who mistakenly felt the post was some passive-aggressive way to get them to stop posting.... how Canadian do you think I am? Seriously!).

Well they made me laugh out loud :D

lol baghad dick is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom