Does the AI cheat in combat on higher levels?

Gufnork

Prince
The reason I ask is that I've been losing consistently with good odds. I lose about 50-60% of the battles when I have slightly better odds when it's really supposed to be 60-65% in my favor. And yes, I do take first strikes into account.

So, does it cheat or am I just really, really unlucky?

As far as i know, the AIs do not cheat in combat with the human player, but i seriously doubt if they cheat in the combat vs barbarians.

There must be something you are overlooking. There should be no cheating in combat. Only cheat is AI science and production bonuses on higher levels. :)

a quick look at the HandicapInfo.xml file doesnt show any variable that is obviously for combat "cheating" AI vs. player.

however, there are tweaks for AI vs. Barbarian/Animal and Player vs. Barbarian/Animal. At the lowest levels (eg settler) the player gets to "cheat" against barbs, but at the highest levles (eg diety) the AI gets to "cheat" against barbs.

ew

60-65% in your favour for a fight still gives the AI a 35-40% chance of success. Thats quite a big margin.

The only real answer is more offensive units and more bombarding.

Remember to use your airforce not just to grind down the city defence bonus but to reduce the defenders themselves to half their strength before sending in your ground forces.

Top Bottom