American Civ Lost Rush Production Bonus

TheMurker

Chieftain
Hello all
Introduced to the game recently. LOVE it. I'm in a fight on deity level and my American Civ has seemed to have lost the 1/2 Cost to rush Production Bouns, sometime around getting to the industrial period. I was pumping off archers and legions for 10 gold per turn, now it seems to be back to 20 gold per turn, which I thought was normal. (2x production = normal cost) Am I missing something like a rule I'm unaware of? Without that bonus I'm caught between the Chinese and the Romans on two fronts, with the Japs off somewhere winning an economic victory. Thanks for any help.

Never did figure this out. I haven't let the system update the game, as I do not know what the new patches change. I thought it might be a bug that a patch would sort out. I have taken the Japanese capitol 2 turns before their ship arrives so I may win, regardless. Can anyone confirm that at the beginning of the game, a warrior costs 20 gold to rush, a horsemen 40? Is it always twice the shields remaining in gold to rush a unit?

Your normal cost to rush a unit is twice the hammer cost for ancient, three times in medieval, four in industrial and five in modern. So if for some reason you're still able to produce archers in modern, they cost 50 gold. Or maybe a better example is it costs 100 gold to rush a settler in modern.

The Americans get the bonus to rush at half cost in medival so your rush costs should be:

2*hammer (ancient, because you don't have the bonus yet)
1.5*hammer (medieval)
2*hammer (industrial)
2.5*hammer (modern)

But for whatever reason (some have speculated it's a programming error) the fractions are dropped so you wind up with 2, 1, 2, 2. Americans are most powerful in medieval when they can rush units for hammer cost. People do absurd things like expand out to 30+ cities in a matter of just a few turns since settlers only cost 20 gold and all your other cities are set to produce gold. You can also produce a big pile of armies (knights, catapults, whatever you want). Many players try to stay in medieval a bit longer than they would with another civ in order to take advantage of this (broken, many say) bonus.

Yep, quite easy to get 15+ cities in the BC ages with them...

Just go to a republic and set all cities to produce gold and rush 1 settler each.
You'll end up with 2 pop cities which produce 4 gold per turn, but just bear in mind that when you have 15, thats 60 gold/turn, or a horsearmy, or 3 settlers or 2 boats or whatever you want.

Also having 60 trade = 60 science if you want, so you can beeline feudalism really fast, and when you have knights in BC....practically no-one can stop you, especially when you have 75+ gold/turn which means a knight army.

Should somehow you foe be able to defend a lot, and want to make it a long game, just beeline for industrialisation and corporation, so you get +5 gold per city for each one of those 2 techs.

150 gold/ turn added to your normal gold income is quite nice to keep the unit rushing on, or building rushing should you want it.

Americans are overpowered!!!

The initial horserush can crush your enemies, but the medieval bonus just gives you the victory on a plate.

Do NOT use them online against players if you have any sence of dignity, and don't use Zulu as well.
Or China :D

Use french and mongols to prove you have skill :p

Top Bottom