Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

I am actually unable to even load your save, actually. So I'm unsure as to what the hell is going on there; I am still using a completely unmodded version of 1.30.

I am using unmodded 1.30 also. Maybe I should just uninstall Civ IV in its entirety and try to reinstall it.

Hill Giants are steadily let off their leashes, based on age. Not sure how it lost it's leash in that manner, however; Comes off at age 100.

I'm definitely seeing Hill Giants running around before age 100, but not quite as early as the other post. Not big deal with an unit on a forested hill, but thought I'd mention it in case the Hill Giants have evolved a way to slip their leash...

Well it spawned only about 6 diagonal spaces away, so depending on how short the leash starts, it may have just been close enough to my capital.

I'm definitely seeing Hill Giants running around before age 100, but not quite as early as the other post. Not big deal with an unit on a forested hill, but thought I'd mention it in case the Hill Giants have evolved a way to slip their leash...

The leash grows over time. Starts at 0 (or 1, can't remember which) grows four times before finally going away.

If I remember correctly those that are unleashed via dungeon exploration have no leash and could account for some of those you are seeing running around. As far as the one coming from steading, maybe his leash was 5 allowing him to attack you at 6. Don't remember if leashes supposed to get that large though.

To get rid of the error with the launcher, I turned OFF 'read only' on the Rise of Erebus mod directory.

I seem to be getting a lot of unhealthiness in all my towns, like the base rate is doubled?

This is from a 'Play now' game.

I just had a game going with Legion - around turn 30 a cyclops moved in to attack my capital, which was defended by 3 watchers and 2 warriors. I was building a crypt next to it, and moved the worker into the capital. The next turn the cyclops moved past my capital, onto the spot where I was building the crypt, and I got 'You have been defeated', and the game locked up with the message 'Waiting for other civilizations'.

There were no combat animations of the cyclops attacking, and no messages about units being defeated.

I have a save the turn before it happens, and it seems to always happen.

The capital had fought off a pit beast under more or less identical circumstances earlier, so it's not every time it's attacked.

Oh also as a random note, d'teshi great commands appear to start invisible, which lets you build forts right next to your neighbours cities on top of their food resources and set them to autocast flay ;p

Attachments

• DTesh.CivBeyondSwordSave
    81.4 KB · Views: 75
Some of these might be unnecessary nit picks but I thought I'd post them anyways while I'm at it :p

Mechanos has the religion civic. Which doesn't fit well with the agnostic trait their leaders get.
Mechanos able to build Mage Guild. (Trains arcane units but Arcanos can't build Arcane units.
Archery says it enables TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_ARCHER
Horseback Riding has a similar one enabling TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_WOLF_RIDER

EDIT: Hrrm, Unit list is a wonderful thing, always thought Wyrms were dragons not moles. Deleted my report on invisible dragons, found the buggers in a hole in the ground.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...lizaton 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information

I had this problem with the last version as well. It is the only mod I have this issue with. It almost always seems to happen when Initiating Graphics, but occasionally happens in other portions of the loading.
I run a Windows 7 32bit with a AMD Turion X2 Dual Core, 3 Gb of RAM, and a ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics Card

Some of these might be unnecessary nit picks but I thought I'd post them anyways while I'm at it :p

Mechanos has the religion civic. Which doesn't fit well with the agnostic trait their leaders get.
Mechanos able to build Mage Guild. (Trains arcane units but Arcanos can't build Arcane units.
Archery says it enables TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_ARCHER
Horseback Riding has a similar one enabling TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_WOLF_RIDER

And now for the real reason I'm posting this now, I'm getting attacked by invisible dragons. I'm assuming their model went missing, or it could just be my install..? They're killing my units but I can't see them, not even in worldbuilder, and I've checked in a very wide area around where they are slaughtering my units. Even withdrew from combat with my adeptus once but I still couldn't find any dragons around, not in worldbuilder either.

• Will be changing that, just an oversight.
  • Will block it.
  • Those spells IIRC are for hiring barbarian units, for the Clan. I'll check them.
  • Please post a save were you are reliably attacked by a drake. To make sure the model exists: In the pedia, look up the Red Drake, White Drake, Black Drake, or Brass Drake.

When I run the launcher from inside the steam mod folder I get :

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\NOTSET\PrivateMaps'.

To get rid of the error with the launcher, I turned OFF 'read only' on the Rise of Erebus mod directory.

I can confirm this works. It looks like only of us who are installing RiFE into a non-standard place have this problem.

• Will be changing that, just an oversight.
  • Will block it.
  • Those spells IIRC are for hiring barbarian units, for the Clan. I'll check them.
  • Please post a save were you are reliably attacked by a drake. To make sure the model exists: In the pedia, look up the Red Drake, White Drake, Black Drake, or Brass Drake.

The spells in the tech probably work fine, it was just scary to see TXT_KEY stuff outside of the pedia really. And I'm sorry about the dragon thing, don't know what happened to the red one, I might have misread something in the log, for I can see them in the unit list, the Wild "Wyrm" however which was my main problem turned out to be either a burrying dragon or a Worm, as it's represented by a pile of sand((Which is also, incidentally extremely hard to see in desert and I also think it's invisible outside world builder. aka can hide.) I'm sorry about the confusion, I should have checked the unit list first.

The Museum is listed as Grigori-only in the pedia, yet it shows up in the Dural unique buildings area. Since I haven't yet played as the Dural, I'm not sure what this is about.

The spells in the tech probably work fine, it was just scary to see TXT_KEY stuff outside of the pedia really. And I'm sorry about the dragon thing, don't know what happened to the red one, I might have misread something in the log, for I can see them in the unit list, the Wild "Wyrm" however which was my main problem turned out to be either a burrying dragon or a Worm, as it's represented by a pile of sand((Which is also, incidentally extremely hard to see in desert and I also think it's invisible outside world builder. aka can hide.) I'm sorry about the confusion, I should have checked the unit list first.

Ah, the Wyrm.... Yes, he's a fun one. :lol:

It is actually a sandworm, from the Dune Wars mod. Yes, same thing you see in the Dune books and movies... And it looks awesome. :p

It's not truly that strong, however. It's best asset is that it is extremely hard to see. It is able to spawn in Marsh, Snow, and Desert, but it cannot move through other terrains; They will be isolated in their regions.

The Museum is listed as Grigori-only in the pedia, yet it shows up in the Dural unique buildings area. Since I haven't yet played as the Dural, I'm not sure what this is about.

That would be because while it is now a new buildingclass, the Dural still use it as a replacement for the pagan temple.

Ah, the Wyrm.... Yes, he's a fun one. :lol:

It is actually a sandworm, from the Dune Wars mod. Yes, same thing you see in the Dune books and movies... And it looks awesome. :p

It's not truly that strong, however. It's best asset is that it is extremely hard to see. It is able to spawn in Marsh, Snow, and Desert, but it cannot move through other terrains; They will be isolated in their regions.

mmyeah, it was the name that made me go look for something big and scaley and really really visible *cough* And he's hard when he's killing my last survivor from the Orthus battle and stealing my axe(Also my last non-garrison military unit)

Anyhow the TXT_KEY entries are actually all through the research tree, nothing to bother about really I think heh. It's just that when I see TXT_KEY entires in other games it usually means something's missing so it makes me scared too :p

Grigori Homesteads do not count as Farms and thus are unaffected by civics such as Agrarianism and Aristocracy - not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but it seems like a rough trade to finally get an economic leg-up against FoL and RoK only to have it cut out from under them.

Also, Agrarianism now grants farms -1 Food and +1 Hammer.

On the trophy screen, there's a Kahdi victory trophy but no Mekara victory trophy.

Woops. Removed the possibility to unlock that trophy, but neglected to remove the trophy itself. It will be replaced with the Mekaran trophy, though I'll have to do so in a way that keeps the Mekara modular.

Top Bottom