Wagon Trains Policy

Dux1

Warlord
Does anyone know how this works? When I select it, my gold income does not increase at all. It's very strange because if you go into the trade route menu, you can see that all land trade routes have increased gold numbers (if you mouse over, it ever says that 2 gold is coming from "Social Policies"), but this does not appear to translate into actual gold income. What gives?

My understanding of this is that Trade Route income is fixed at the moment you start it. So you won't see an immediate increase in your GPT, but every trade route you start afterwards will be worth more.

You guys sure about that? I could have sworn that I've seen trade routes increase in value over the course of thirty turns as my city developed. And I've read multiple mentions of wagon train being broken.

Trade route values definitely increase. You'll notice that most trade routes start at 4-6 gold, for land anyway, and slowly increase based on access to resources, technology, buildings & I believe wonders.

When you make a trade route, it will not change outcome for the full 30 turns it exists. Only upon it being reassigned changed circumstances are valued in: like new policies/tenets/buildings/wonders/different tech progress.

And I've read multiple mentions of wagon train being broken.
But can anyone confirm or deny that this policy is actually working? Because I've also seen numerous reports about this one, along with the sister policies in Patronage and Exploration, being broken - but whether that is actually the case or just people not understand how it works would be really nice to know!

Actually, it appears to be working, but it does not take effect until the turn after you select it. This makes it seem broken at first because most policies that affect net gold go into effect immediately.

To be clear, your trade routes do NOT need to complete before the extra gold is applied, but the effect will not take place until the turn AFTER the policy is passed.

I can confirm that it is working, but taking one extra turn to take effect. Just loaded up a save to try it. The policy is pretty lackluster, though... just 16 gpt for my information age civ.

Top Bottom