Diety Tips

GKShaman

Prince
Hey guys,

Usually an immortal/ emperor player. How in the world do I catch up on diety with regard to tech?

Same as you do in Immortal/Emperor... but do it better.

I wish I could tell you more. But, it's not the big picture things, it's not the start, it's all the little things you already know you should do but just aren't doing well/consistently enough.

I made the jump only a couple months back in G&K, but couldn't crack a 50%+ win%. BNW is much much easier, at least for the Deity science/diplo game. Haven't tried culture/domination yet on anything above Immortal in BNW. I imagine difficulty will go back up with the fall patch.

There's no magic sauce though. Just do what you normally do, but better.

And steal your neighbors workers, then pillage their lands, and come back after they are crippled and take their cities for an early boost.

also..

chop their trees while they arn`t looking
pillage roads that are not within their borders.
interfere with their wars using your units to block them, and turn the war in favor of the civ you like better while still being friends with both
If someone is running away, find a way to kill them, or atleast cripple them.
If a civ has wonders you want, take them.
Learn to love having 0 gpt or less, work on a cash now system. It works faster.. speed is everything.
get a faith, spread your filth.
Wh00re luxuries, and be stingy with them, cripples the AI`s expansion plans.(especially in BNW)
the AI are not your friends, they are your enemies, and you should be plotting against them from the time you find them. Including stealing choice city spots, eating the diplo hit, and making cities you KNOW will be attacked, fortifying them and using them to level your units. (Abusing city states is lame, if you do that go back to cheiftan)

Expect to die, alot, till you figure out how to counter the AI`s massive bonuses. Atilla, Azrects and Zulu will show you the true meaning of Pain.

Had my first BNW play through on Diety with the Zulu...

Made me wanna go all the way back to chieftain or settler where u can apparently get workers or settlers through ruins.

I just never got the tech fast enough. It was always - I field warriors he has spearmen swordman, I field swordsman he has long swords I field long swords he has musketman.

Now in BNW they actually do quite good coastal attacks.

Top Bottom