Take'n a Shot

Big_Bossman

Chieftain
I can't take a screenshot !

Me : CIV IV all Exp.packs Steam Vers.

When I take a shot in game All I get is the Steam Library (windows key + FN + End )
on my Toshiba laptop . Windows 10

When I tried to use steams in-game screenshot F-12 , all it does is open the CIV=O=Pedia :mad:

Any suggestions

I already used to toshiba keyboard utility , to configure weather or not you have to press the Fn key or not ... Still no screen shot , even after a reboot .

Thank you
b.avila2@yahoo.com :crazyeye:

It was a pain in the ass to capture this screenshot via steam . The default key used ( the F12 key ) to make a screenshot within the steam app inadvertently causes the wifi to go on off on my laptop Also I modded the Steam Version of CIV IV to run the BUGMOD in full screen mode , mostly to maximise my laptops screen size . This causes the game running to not be in a window and without that windowed mode the normal way to take a screenshot only captured my desktop . Determined to post my image of the " Beast " Armor unit I had to find a work around . Google only returned results of people having the same problems . I'm kinda computer savvy so we had to use our noggin ... My fix was to take it out of full screen mode and restart . You can use snipe or take an old fashioned print screen this way . Still I put it back in full mode , cause who wants to post images like that ? . I had to fool around in the steam app , I need to change that f-12 to another key . It opens the civ-o-pedia in the game and nobody wants to see that screenshot . O.k. so get this image outta steam I had to get that pop-up for the steam overlay to come up . So I set the key for that when shift + X is pressed while CIV IV is running the overlay comes up . I changed the key to take a screenshot to Shift + \ so now I can take full screen mode shots . You have to fish them out of the steam save folder . I could not get the app to upload any images to steam via it's app and could not change the folder to public and share to facebook either . Frustrated I post this here " The long way " one full screen image from my game that took up about two hours to figure out how to get it and post it ... smile emoticon I'll be posting this on the Forum so others can find a quicker fix https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...19284346.53488.100000889482610&type=3&theater

Top Bottom