Where would you live? Part II

Fetus4188

Deity
Similar to the other thread but this time I want to know where and when you would live, as long as it is not in the present day or recent pass (let's go with anything pre-WWI). Unlike the old thread you can choose to live in the same country as it will be in the past.

I really wouldn't want to live in the past unless I was extremely wealthy.

You can be any social class you wish, don't be difficult :nono:

[offtopic] Perfection, did the compound have a drought or something? It looks a little brown.

Perfection said:
1660's England, I'd use my modern knowledge to waste Newton's ass!

I would live in whatever era (1800's France I believe?) that The Count of Monte Cristo takes place in, and be really really really rich.

Too bad you had the "pre-WWI" clause in there, because I was going to answer going back to the 80s.

1910, to take the throne of Kaiser Wilhelm.

Since I know what I do now, I'd do all of the following:

* Refuse alliance with Austria.
* Set up good relations with the U.S.
* Institute [token] democratic reforms.
* Secretly fund Hungarian, Romanian, Croat, Polish (in the Russian areas) and Korean nationalist organizations.
* Hold a conference with the U.S., Britain, France, and Italy to divy up the Ottoman Empire. I'd take the oil rich area of Libya.
* Advise the Czar to liberalize his country to prevent a communist takeover.
* Withdraw from German colonies in Asia, sell them to the Britain.
* Nationalize the major family-owned industries, resell parts of them to workers.
* Hire Frank Lloyd Wright to design new, modern government buildings.
* Change the German national anthem to the Soviet anthem. Even though I'm not a communist and wouldn't govern as one, it is good empire music. Another candidate is Darth Vader's theme.
* Seriously consider changing the flag to the Soviet one, as it's also a good empire flag.
* And the uniforms. Those spikey helmets have just got to go! Again, the Soviet Union had something going there with all the red stars and junk.
* Order research and development on things like "computers," "armored fighting vehicles," and "fighter airplanes."
* Abolish any state churches.
* Abduct Hitler's family and exile them to Ethiopia.
* Educate everyone in English, or else!
* Rename the country to what I like.
* Last, but not least -- like any good dictator, plaster my face everywhere.

Other than that, I don't know right now. I suppose if I lived back then, I'd have more time to think about it.

Somewhat off-topic:

Really I'd love to just go back to like the beginning of 9th grade and correct the many mistakes I've made along the road.

At the start of the prime century; I have some questions I would like to ask Jesus :)

Two possibilities:

Either I would like to become Roman Emperor on the top of its power
(and have a lot of parties while Xen runs my Empire and gets beheaded if stuff goes wrong)

OR

I would join Ponce de Leon and search for the Fountain of Eternal Youth. Later, immortal, I would go for El Dorado... :)

As the Fountain is somewhere in Florida, I guess it is where a bunch of pensioners is, so probably Fort Lauderdale...

My third choice would be to be the Holy Roman Emperor and send some morons crusading in the Middle East (probably calling it "spreading god's will and democr.... ahem, European Monarchy).

I would probably live in Italy - I just love the landscape and not only the Sabine women. :)

I'd go back to my freshman year of college knowing what I do now.

Pre World War I?

Hmm, this one's a toughie..

San Juan Heights, 1898

That would be me, the Major to the left of Colonel Roosevelt.

-Elgalad

Elgalad said:
That would be me, the Major to the left of Colonel Roosevelt.
He doesn't appear to know what the purpose of a hat is.

HamaticBabylon said:
Africa, Ethiopia-Somalia, fighting the despotic Italians!
The Italian army can loose battles well enough without your interference.

Top Bottom