TnL get your facts straight (chart included)

Quick question:

Could someone tell me if a ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 is better than a ATI Mobility radeon 600x??

What does the numbers "9000" and "600" stand for?

X600 is better, numbers are just generations
gen 1 7000 to 7500
gen 2 8500 to 9250
gen 3 9500 to 9800
gen 4 X200 to x800
gen 5 X1xxx

Thank you Comraddict :hatsoff:

I understand ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7000 IGP has some T&L capability
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=98&var2=0

I had a warning message that my video card was below minimum requirements when running AoE III trial version presumably for the same reasons, but it worked well.

Will Civ 4 run on it? (64 Mb/P4 3.4 512 RAM)
If anyone has some ideas/experience - please share.

plz help will the game work on intel gam 900 or noi have try to make it work but
i cann't i have 3.2ghz with 2mb cache and 1 giga ram and msi 915g with intel gam 900 so plz help?

I am trying to find my laptops video card. It tells me its an Sis m650.

I dont know who makes that and dont see it in the lists. Can someone please help me with my Video card? What is it and do I have a chance of it working? Does it have this TnL?

I have a P4 2.8ghz with 1gig ram. I am getting the black terrain.

Darn, I've got a Dell Dimension 2400 with an Intel 845 chipset. Does anyone know of a PCI (not express) graphics card with TnL?

Hi everyone.

Just want to report my lack of sucess to the group with my current setup: :(

AMD Athlon XP 2600 + running at 2GHz
256MB nVidia GeForce 5500FX video card
512MB DDR 400MHz ram
Asus A7N8X-E 400MHz FSB motherboard

This is above the specification (I think) - not sure if this is a Geforce 2 or 1? or even if there is a difference - can someone advise me?

It seems that at the higher levels it is just chugging with really low FPS - taking ages to move about the map, respond to commands - even at lowest graphics and no sound. At 1200AD, it has finally died and keeps dropping to windows among a flurry of CPU and page file use.

I've recently bought a gig more ram, and I will tell you how it goes but I am not hopeful that this situation will improve - like a heart transplant, the patient may live for now, but he will only get a couple of extra years :)

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with www.srtest.com.

Last I check GF 6600 is way beyond minimum requirement.

Attachments

• srtest.JPG
    srtest.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,137
I haven't tried running a 3d game in a while so I'm wondering if I should be surprised that civ4 is feeling laggy (no graphics glitches though). Only one person with my vid card has posted to say it works fine. Here's my setup:

P4 1.7Ghz
512M RAM
Gefore4 Ti4200

With 1024x768, all settings on low I get:

30fps when fully zoomed in over most developed land, 60fps over plain ocean.
10 to 12fps when zoomed out 3 or 4 wheel clicks.
3-4fps when zoomed out fully.
City screen runs at 12fps (and takes about 5 seconds to load up which is the most annoying part in my opnion - but must be a cpu problem not graphics, right?)

Dave

Dryden said:
I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and the game works flawlessly on my computer. Didn't even realize that graphics cards had problems on this game until I read this thread.
Thats exactly what I have. And until I went back to earlier drivers (as suggested in one of the Nvidia threads) I had all the usual problems (stuttering movies, gradual slowdown, and then death).

Now, with the graphics turned all the way down to low, it only crashes 1 every 4 hours.

To simplify the chart somewhat:

1. Every GeForce ever made supports hardware T&L.
2. Every Radeon ever made except the 7000 (aka Radeon VE) supports hardware T&L.

3. Most of the chart doesn't really matter at all, since you shouldn't use anything older than a [Radeon 9700 / GeForce FX] to play this game (both late 2002). No cards prior to these support DirectX 9. Every ATI and NVIDIA card made after these supports hardware T&L.

So, can someone please elucidate me once and for all:
i've a laptop, and when playing the game, i've got the problems with the leaders' faces (only eyeballs, teeth and pieces of clothing), the black terrain issue, and sound/graphic cuts in the intro and wonder movies. The black terrain was the most serious one, and i managed to play the game by changing one .xml file (can't remember which, right now). That reveals the whole map, but it's playable (putting aside the fact that you always have fog of war around you), as you still dont know were your future friends and foes are.
Reading this thread, i guess i don't have the TnL stuff required for this game, or other games which use that technology. My video card it's a Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics controller, with 64 MB of video RAM. If it does not have, or it's compatible with TnL, as i guess it isn't, is there a way of upgrading this video card that you know of?
Thanks in advance

cathar knight said:
So, can someone please elucidate me once and for all:
i've a laptop, and when playing the game, i've got the problems with the leaders' faces (only eyeballs, teeth and pieces of clothing), the black terrain issue, and sound/graphic cuts in the intro and wonder movies. The black terrain was the most serious one, and i managed to play the game by changing one .xml file (can't remember which, right now). That reveals the whole map, but it's playable (putting aside the fact that you always have fog of war around you), as you still dont know were your future friends and foes are.
Reading this thread, i guess i don't have the TnL stuff required for this game, or other games which use that technology. My video card it's a Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics controller, with 64 MB of video RAM. If it does not have, or it's compatible with TnL, as i guess it isn't, is there a way of upgrading this video card that you know of?
Thanks in advance

I'm having exactly the same issues with ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 igp. From some websites i understand mobility igp version of radeon 7000 supports t&l which original radeon 7000 doesnt, but black terrain and video playback problems seem nothing to do with t&l hardware support as u can see terrain after revealing all tiles and video should have nothing to do with t&l. Anyway if you don't have t&l accelerated by your video card GPU it can be done by CPU provided it's fast enough to perform the task. Believe it's all software/drivers issue so just waiting for the patch.

Cathar Knight - I have the same exact video card as you. If you figure something out, would you be able to let me know, thanks so much.

Does anyone have any idea when a patch might be out? Are we talking days, weeks or months?

Well I took the chance, bought Civ IV and it turns out, it can run on the Intel 915 chipset. Well at least mine :) I've got it running on a HP Compaq nc6220 laptop - the details of my graphics card:

Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS version 3412

Hope this helps some of you!

this might be a bit of a silly question... but will my (new) laptop with "SiS M760GX Integrated 3D AGP graphics with up to 128 MB of VRAM" support civ4. i managed to get it working before the patch, min settings and single unitgfx, and quite slowly indeed.... but since patch 1.09 it's been giving error upon error.

my laptop running:
3000+ sempron,
512MB RAM.
above stated gfx card.

brought it mainly for uni work.. but would like to play civ4... u know... during... ahem.. between lectures.

my desktop running 3000+ 1024mb ram, 6600Gt runs it fine.

Top Bottom