Got Mormon?

Would you vote for a Mormon for President (base this solely on them being Mormon)

• Total voters

bhsup

Deity
Okay, I just saw a video that truly disgusts me. I really, REALLY hope no CFC Christians share this guy's attitude. Don't, btw, think it is a joke simply because it seems so over the top. Read the guys comments to the right of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oW8-QyGp5I

Anyway, my question to CFC OT Christians of the non-Mormon persuasion is this: Would you vote for a Mormon for President or not, and if not, why not? Just what is so terrible about their faith that would prevent you from voting for one?

EDIT: I worded that poll badly. It implies that one would also vote for him for President based solely on him being a Mormon. I didn't mean to suggest that. I am really more interested in people who would vote NO based solely on him being a Mormon.

If I agreed with his ideas on policy and such, why not? I'd vote for Romney, and I don't see why theological differences should necessarily determine political differences. And in all honesty, theologically I'm probably closer to Mitt Romney than to Taft or Jefferson.

(I can't watch the video right now because I'm in a library, but I'll watch it later)

One's religion would not affect my choice at all. That's assuming the person is really better than his/her competition. Otherwise, I wouldn't vote for that person no matter whether he's a mormon, atheist, shaman or antarctian. :)

Hilarious! It is a satire nevertheless.

I like the menacing soundbite to it as well. Very malevolently comical.

EDIT: I worded that poll badly. It implies that one would also vote for him for President based solely on him being a Mormon. I didn't mean to suggest that. I am really more interested in people who would vote NO based solely on him being a Mormon.

I'm still confused. Is it "Oh, look, a Mormon, I guess he gets my vote!" or "I want to vote for him, he's a Mormon, okay, whatever"?

I don't think someone's faith would influence whether I'd vote for them. The way they practice it might, though.

I'm still confused. Is it "Oh, look, a Mormon, I guess he gets my vote!" or "I want to vote for him, he's a Mormon, okay, whatever"?

I don't think someone's faith would influence whether I'd vote for them. The way they practice it might, though.

Dang. I really botched this. :(

What I am really trying to figure out is if anyone here would actually go "Oh no, he's a Mormon, I would never vote for one of THOSE for President."

Dang. I really botched this. :(

What I am really trying to figure out is if anyone here would actually go "Oh no, he's a Mormon, I would never vote for one of THOSE for President."

Perhaps better wording would be "Would you rule out voting for someone just because they were a Mormon?"

And no, I wouldn't rule it out.

Lucy being condescending toward VRWC Agent? Or enlightening him? Take your pick, pricks.

LOL

Moderator Action: Calling people pricks is either flaming or trolling, take your pick.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Assuming he shared my views, which seems rather unlikely yes I would...

The only time a candidates religon would be important to me is that I would prefer a less religous candidate (regardless of what religon that was). However even in that case the candidates actual views are more important. For example Brack Obama is very religous, but I support him over less religous Rudy Guiliani, because he has better positions.

VRWCAgent and I are friends. I don't like you. Stop trolling me.
Sorry. I thought that when you correct other's supposed mistake, you are being a little by far a pretentious troll. Sorry for my aSSumption.:rolleyes:

Sincerly yours:
The Fart

Yeah, CF, Lucy and I are indeed friends and her wording was light years better than mine.

Wow, the VRWC has ensared more people in its clutches than I thought.

On topic, I could vote for a Mormon, just not this year. Can't have Harry Reid and Mitt Romney conspiring to have Chief Justice Roberts impeached and replaced by Orrin Hatch, thus completeing the VLDSC.

Yeah, CF, Lucy and I are indeed friends and her wording was light years better than mine.
I had happen to flatter another chick's intelligence one time and all it did to me was a relationship with her (girlfriends can be dangerous to your health). It is best to whip them and discard them, if you ask me.:cowboy:

I would vote for Downtown. I wouldn't vote for Mitt.

That video is for real? Is there something more to it than a close-up of Romney's face with "scary" music?

There are comments to the right of the video with some web link as well. I didn't bother checking out the link.

Top Bottom