Feat Promotions

Mighty Contender of Kord
Pedia Entry:
Every four years, the nations of Dragonia hold the Tournament of Kord. In order to participate in the tournament, a nation must have at least one Arena in its cities and receive permission from the nation that owns the Temple of Kord. Teams come to compete in Gladiatorial style games. The selection process for teams begins every time immediately after the last Tournament of Kord has ended. The nations form teams from brigands, soldiers who were thrown out of the army, sailors who were thrown out of the navy, criminals, and all the violent portions of the dirt of society. Most nations form several teams, as most own several Arenas, and have them compete against each other for four years until the Tournament of Kord. The team with the most wins from all the eligible nations goes on to the Tournament and competes in the Temple of Kord.
The team that wins the Tournament is given the title “Mighty Contenders of Kord”. Often teams with this prestigious title are incorporated into their nation’s army. On the battlefield, the Mighty Contender of Kord regiment inspires awe and fear. Most opposing
regiments would rather flee the field than face such enemies. In fact, enemy regiments, more often than not, suffer heavy losses and have to flee the field to avoid the loss of every soldier.

Monster Slaying
Pedia Entry:
Certain men (or Elves, Dwarves, etc.) are trained to defeat monsters. These soldiers are elite units whose sole purpose is to defeat any monsters the opposing army has arrayed against their army. Such monsters are generally used to inspire fear in an opposing army. To combat this, nations and kingdoms have trained bands of elite forces called Monster Slayers. These soldiers are very rare on the Battlefield and are considered one of the best fighting forces.

Trueshot
Pedia Entry:
Archers have always been the men nations and kingdoms used for long-ranged defense. In sieges, archers keep the enemy away from the city walls. On the battlefield, archers have been known to stop full-blown cavalry charges in mid-charge. Some archers have learned enough accuracy to put other archers to shame.
These men are usually gathered by nations and kingdoms to form special units. Some of these units have men whose shot can damage enemies as much as or more so than a melee stroke to the head. Such shots are called Trueshots. A Trueshot can knock an enemy captain off his feet or off his horse. After the captain is dispatched, the rest of the men use the resulting confusion to attack the rest of the enemy. These ambushes demoralize the enemy and can cause a tactical retreat or all-out flight.

Distance Shot
Pedia Entry:
Archers are well known for their ability to strike down the enemy from long distances. Some archers; due to their great strength, dexterity, and the power of their bows; can fire arrows much greater distances than others. The longest shot, with a length of 700 yards, is called a “Distance Shot”. Very few archers can accomplish the skill of firing a distance shot.
As a result, nations and kingdoms band those archers who can together in one or two regiments and place them in positions that are threatened by eminent attack or that are strategically placed. These regiments cause heavy enemy casualties and shield any friendly regiments. Such simultaneous action can often swing the battle into a favorable position or switch a retreat into a charge, often causing the army who employs archers who can fire distance shots to win.

Here are two edited pedia entries and two new ones. Please check em out, Darque.

Ok, cool. I'm still comin up with the five hero-specific feats.

I wasnt able to find a thread based on heroes so I will use this one to give a suggestion. Shouldn't heroes be born from tougher units instead of being made in your city que. Like in CivIII when you recieved a general you were able to keep the unit he was in and rename it so we could do something similar. Instead of giving the option to name it we could place names like 38 Light Brigade or something to that effect. While als getting the hero separate with all the skills his unit already had.

If you have a disciple unit that reaches "hero" status then that hero should have dicipled based powers. That way you are not having a random warrior class hero popping out of a unit. This means we could have many similar heroes and have a few Epic heroes that can be obtained after a hero levels up ALOT! This will incourage warfare so that you may get stronger heroes!

I think wat you're talkin bout reduces the true power of heroes and replaces them with great generals. This is a game with heroes whose power could be akin to Gandalf or Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings. Your idea reduces the power of these mighty warriors and mages. Since this is a fantasy game, we want big and bad heroes to tear up the battlefield and make the gameplay more interesting.

By the way, if you have no frickin clue wat I mean, then go download and play Fall From Heaven. It shows heroes the way they are sposed to be used in a fantasy game.

Yes, but if you simply create a unit that becomes a hero then that takes the quality of earning a hero. In the Lord of the Rings a hero was not simply made but rather men like Strider had fought in wars before he became a hero. Gandalf had practiced his craft for a long time as well even having experience within the events of "The Hobbit." Gandalf grew into a hero he wasn't born with the ability to do all that he does in "The Two Towers" and in the "Return of the King."

If thats not clear enough even though the movie im going to reference is the animated movie of Hercules. Even though its themes are childish hercules was indeed born a hero because he was a Demigod. The way that Fall From Heaven structures their hero's is similar to hercules trainer, Hercules had the natural strength of a hero but he had to have someone show him how to be one. So basically what Im trying to say is that the logic in making heroes is like creating little gods.

To respond to FFH I have played it many a time and have "created" many heroes. I can see and understand what you are aiming for i am just presenting an alternative.

Cool, bossman. I like it.

@Deadomancer
Nice Megadeth siggy. Chorus of "Symphony of Destruction". Great song from a great band.

Anyway, peace, ppl. I'll think of some hero feats this week.

Top Bottom