MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

Also: the stats don't include 'growth' but the techs and wonders do. Is that like territory growth or EP development through population growth- what is growth?

thanks.

Anyone? Anyone?

Good choice. The Idyll, right now, are in a fairly good position, because they have lots of free space to expand into. Also, Militarism is fairly easy to augment, the better and most your army/navy/air force works the bigger raises you get.

Honestly, I would REALLY like you guys to suggest things re: my questions about the Nukes and such.

@Immaculate: in the stats, growth would be the EC needed to help expand your EC in 1 (it's the numbers on the right). That's why i suggest that you start to invest in your economies soon, because in the future there will be several situations in which you will need lots of money, and investing now will be cheaper than investing later.

EDIT: Never mind about the Plastics+Motorized Transportation Tech, I've decided to make up a tech that will give you SAM Batteries once you research it (Anti-Air Unit). Any other ideas?

Geological Mysteries Present
Rise of the Gangelt Peoples Part I: The Tale of the Two Warrior States

(Pan in to a medieval map of the Gaulic and the Angeand Coast. A few examples of the warrior cultures on both sides and a panning down of the Legend of Kirti)

In 2800 B.C.E. a mysterious culture arose in the area around Colchester. This culture seems to be a mixture of the Angles who have lived here, fishing; the Celts of the north who, specializes in animal herding; the Picts of the far north who are one of the main warrior cultures and the Gaulic of the south, the other warrior culture.

(Panning across a grassland, zoom out to reveal a village, future to reveal an army of two-handed Picts and a small defending group of Celts on animals. They charge)

It is unknown how these culture mixed until recently. There is evidence of a great push in Pictic culture into the richer southern lands, conquering and using physiological warfare, they conquered most of the land.

(The warriors charges. A few of the riders run away and reveal a white skin, the rest however held their lances tighter and prepared to die. The battle is cut right after they clash into a panning of the camera across a burned village. Then another village surrendered before their forces got there, giving the Wooden Cross held by Celtic leaders to the scouting elements)

However, to the south another energetic warrior culture arose. The Gaulic Confederation, although also lead by war, is almost immediately noticed to have a greater culture. The recovered works of art and cave works are amazing. An almost complete example of the 'Legend of Kirti' as the seemingly lead character, marked with the rune for 'Kirz' and 'Ti'. Other scraps of similar cave art show a man with a large chest, young but still distinctive. He also wore a hair bun almost in all of the cave paintings.

Recently, we have discovered more of such works in the Gangelt region. It seems that these two culture may have clashed over the area in a specter of war, the biggest early war seen yet by two of the many civilized nation-states.
(Hundreds march toward a battle field. Villages torched.)
However, most scientists believe that instead of war, the first years are one of uncertain peace. This is one of the first few contacts from the ‘Civilized Zones’ map, a contact of much more difference than the others.

Although both learn and live the language of War, the Gaulic speak a language called Frane while the Pict’s language is called Piz by the Gauls. It is known that for centuries after the rise of the Gangelt peoples, the numbers of weapon remains of old worn ones, pieces from new ones and ones lost in battles rose exponentially after their rise.

Diplo

To the Picts
From the Gaulic Confederation

We have achieved a few peoples adept at your language and have sent another envoy, hopefully in the correct language of your people. Again, we ask for a peace term, a trade route between our nations and, in the future, an exchange of trade.

Gangelt is a result of a cause: your rapid expansion. It happened to us but we have nipped the bud in time. We are willing to discuss if you want them under your Full-Angeand kingdom.

If you do not respond, and we hope you do, even with a 'no', we consider that war might be a danger and will build up our military.

Milarqui, the amount required to invest to gain a return isn't exactly worth it, after 10, in my oppinion. Players are simply going to rely on technology and war to gain EP, almost as a rule. Those who waste such huge amounts on raising their EP by measly amounts will find themselves ruined.

Milarqui, the amount required to invest to gain a return isn't exactly worth it, after 10, in my oppinion. Players are simply going to rely on technology and war to gain EP, almost as a rule. Those who waste such huge amounts on raising their EP by measly amounts will find themselves ruined.
Spending 20 EP to gain 1 EP, for example, will cause you not to get a return in 20 turns. I suggest making it a fixed amount, which can decrease with certain technologies (i.e. industrialization).

TO: The Gaelic Confederation and the coward Britons they protect

Our king is attending matters of state in the capital is not able to speak with you so instead the leaders of the Blue Might speak for him. You will have your peace and trade if the following terms are met:

1). The south-east of Breatunn (the Scottish Gaelic for Britain. not Pictish I am afraid but we have no records of Pictish.) is handed over to the Picts for us to rule.

2). Your armed forces never enter the Pictish Isles (The British Isles) without written or verbal permission from the king or the council of chiefs.

3). You accept the 'Gangelts' are not Gauls and so are not a legitimate member of your Confederation and that you have overstepped the mark by including them into your Confederation. We will accept the written apology of the leaders of the Confederation or if you prefer a personal apology to our king in the city of Edinburgh stating that you apologise for this transgression and will check all the information available to you before interfering in the Pictish Isles again.

4). We wish you a good day and remind you our warriors are ready to take the rest of Breatunn by force if needed.

Good sir, if we do that we will shame hundreds of ancestors who bred their sons to respect themselves as well as others!

I don't accept 1. Our Honor in a promise to protect them (They are a protectorate after all.) unless you promise no moves against their peoples.

2, you don't have Jurisdiction over Eriz Isle nor are all the people Pictish: There are Gaels, Eriz, Limeri, Celts, Angles, and Gangelts. However, I will accept this possibly.

3. They aren't, they are chiefs and town-states under our Protectorate system.

4. I take your warning and speak from my heart: Our men has braved the fickle Lady Gand Sea. They have seen frightened souls and offered to protect them for the official authority is too far away. I see this in your people, how they swore to take all of these lands.

5. I hopped you weren't drugged when you sent the messanger. :joke:

Here is our counter proposal:

1. We give these protectorates over to you, you must promise no presecution of regligion or race in these protectorates unless the rest of this treaty is broken.

2. I will forget this rought spot never happened and we can still act as cordialy as two military mights can possible act.

3. If Trade and peacful feelings between us lasts for another 300 years (6 turns). We will give you 1 gold as a gift for continuing the peace.

4. I declare that the Pictish Isles belong to the Picts and only Merchants, Messangers, Migrants and sought for aid if possible be able to land there.

5. There shall be a trade pact and a peace pact of negible length: can be renegociated at any time.

6. Finally Gaullia and Frisia, our cousins in language and customs, are also respected with our respect to the Pictish Isles.

7. P.S. any land outside of the Pictish Isles for you and the Gaullia-Frisia may be exempt if you want, but I prefer not.

The Tribal Gods, Brunda and Adra, were becoming popular in the lands around Brundagana, especially the Triumvirate. The religion, however, was just starting to break out of the Triumvirate and the surrounding areas. The other surrounding tribes’ religions were slowly being broken down and assimilated. However, there was one community outside of Brundaganan borders that followed their religion: The large city of Maputo had the architecture of Brundagana, the harbors of Quelimane, and the size of Sofala. It decided to convert so it would become a complement to the Triumvirate by means of peace, not losing itself.

Brundagana believed the world was created by two gods, Brunda and Adra. Brunda was female, while Adra was male. In the beginning, they roamed amongst the universe. Nu was the first goddess, however. Her counterpart was a man, Dra. They then gave birth to Adra, a boy. And soon, Nu lost her head when Chaos severed it. After, Dra decided to rise to form the sky. Nu’s head was placed in this sky to live with Dra for eternity. However, Nu’s body had a new head and became Brunda. Brunda and Adra continued roaming the universe. But soon, their son would put an end to this.

His name was Chraizit. Chraizit stayed home, plotting to overthrow Brunda and Adra and become the world’s main god. After one hundred and six years of planning, he attacked Brunda and Adra with great force. It was very close, but Adra and Brunda eventually triumphed. However, one year later, Chraizit found Adra’s sleeping quarters. Seeing the opportunity, he took out his sword and cut Adra into many pieces. However, Brunda found Chraizit and Adra’s maimed body. Chraizit was going to kill him when divine intervention from Nu came.

Nu then spoke to Brunda. “Brunda. It is time to settle like your father, Dra, did. I exist in this form only now, a head. You still have my body. Deep within it is magic. It shall turn Chraizit into water. Collect Adra’s blood and form organisms with it. Once you have all this, you will scatter Adra’s pieces all over the world. You shall resurrect Chraizit and turn him good so he can become the ocean. It is the only way we can fill the gap between you and Adra. And so, Brunda did this. However, she could not bear to part with her husband, so she kept his head by her side forever. And then, the gods Chraiz, Brunda, Adra, Nu, and Dra were reunited to be in peace.

And many years later, the hardy people they helped produce had built pyramids: One for Brundagana, Brunda’s land, and one for Adragana, Adra’s land. Adra’s Pyramid was slightly smaller than Brunda’s Pyramid, but it was built on a higher location, signifying their equality. The final, third one was for future. This one was built on the very center of where the sun shone at noon on the first day of summer. The very top was made of gold, symbolizing the sun shining on a bright future for Brundagana.

OK, I think that, to replace the Economy thing, I will either eliminate the restriction on the Projects, to allow more than 2 per turn, or to introduce a new stat in which your ideas for improvement (i.e. roads, ports, farms...) will be kept. Of course, what kind of thing you have as an improvement will affect things one or other way: let's say that you build a port. It will allow you have a better trading relationship with parts of your country that are separated by sea (to make international trade through sea you need to have Sailing), but if you enter in a war, the enemy could use his ships to block that port, thus reducing the trade. Roads can also help to keep a good trading relationship with other countries, but imagine what happens when you enter a war and the enemy uses your roads to reach your capital faster.

Also, I think that I should also start to add to the map things like important cities that aren't the capital, and I might also erase the borders. It would make the separation between countries more difficult to see, but it allows me to place more things in. What do you think?

EDIT: Remember always to send orders in saying that you want to make trade. Also, trading makes your economy grow, but if I pull out the Economy, then this rule would not work at all.

dont erase the borders; just set the opacity to less then 100% so we can see through our national colours.

You might deign to remove economy improvement altogether, and force its increment through great projects (the cap upon which would be best removed).

What do I do then with the Wonders that give growth per turn? Do I change them into giving EC and/or Tech EC?

EDIT: Nevermind. From now on, those Wonders that give growth/turn will instead provide EC that can only be used in Projects. The Project cap of 2 Projects/turn will be removed altogether. Those who have invested already in your economies will be allowed to use that money on making Projects. Take that into account on how

Ideas for projects: Complete Road System, cost and bonus depending on how big the nation is, and it would require extra inversions as your nation grows in size. Other could be a trading center in your capital, which would increase the EC as the empire grows and more products reach it. You choose.

Nations that have spent money on Economy:
Brundagana: 0.75 EC
Gaulic Confederation: 3 EC
Nootka: 0.25 EC
Sarawak: 4.75 EC
Chibchan: 0.75 EC

EDIT: From now on, trade will give you EC bonuses per turn. Will have to add a stat with the trade routes. You should have a look at the changed Trade rule.

A one time eco boost, or a large eco boost over many turns.

I'm going to include non-capital cities to the map. As the changed Trade rules stat, you will need to tell which cities do you want to have on where. Send maps with the positions of those cities in your orders and I'll do my best to put them on the normal map. Try to put no more than 3-4 cities each. Use your better judgement to make sure that you don't have too many cities.

Top Bottom