"Fall Patch" announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you're asking for here - 'Play Now' always starts a game with the last settings you enabled on the Setup screen. So my standard settings always start my games on Immortal or Deity (whichever I last played) on a shuffle map, random map size, as whichever leader I last selected. I think you may need to select the difficulty and leader from the main dropdown rather than the advanced settings menu for it to stick, though map type has been retained since G&K hit.

What I assumed was meant by 'advanced settings' saving between single-player games - something that is listed in the patch notes - was stuff like "my settings are to always start games/saves with 'Show Workable Tiles' enabled", since it's a key annoyance in Civ V that this in particular not only doesn't save between games, but it's also not restored if I load a saved game, and I therefore have to enable it every time I open the program.

It's the stuff in the 'advanced settings' section section (different map types, the subcategories therein, VC types enabled, etc).

the healing from pillaging tiles sounds really great.

Looks like Denmark will not be the daily whipping boys on the game now. It may actually be a runaway with its aggressive behavior and this new added bonus of healing.

The civ elimination thread will need to be redone after this patch

horse units in general just got more useful. The ability to pillage after attacking on the way out means that they should have a bit more health left after an attack.

Am I the only one who almost never builds a horse unit?

I'll update to them, but I never bother building them.

Ranged units give you more control of the battlefield and melee units give you more power.

I just had a game where a city-state had a sea luxury but was not coastal. I think such city-states should always be coastal. ( I suppose you could pay to have it hooked up if you allied with them).

Wow amazing. But lets hope the AI gets better at pillaging. I have seen so many dumb cases where they don't pillage strategic resources, citadels, luxury resources and take damage so long from citadels before doing anything about them.

But the Sipahi got a massive boost (5 movement and no movement cost to pillage - so possible to attack and heal up max hp each turn - and once horse units get blitz they will become quite tactical weapons. Being able to attack 1-3 times and still heal. Deadly.)

Awesome patch notes! I'm happy about the reduction in the screen jumpng too far when cycling through units.

Maddjinn: They got your Battleship fix in. :)

So MadDjinn, I guess we all know what the topic's will be for the upcoming Beyond the Monument vid.;) or at least the one just after the patch is out(my guess Monday the 24th for the patch) showcasing the new "stuff"/Changes.

Dig-Doug

AI adjustments to Wonder build priorities.

I'm curious about what exactly this is going to mean. Will fewer civs beeline some of the earliest wonders like Great Library? Or are they tightening up previously ignored wonders like Oracle?

I'm excited, but maybe a little underwhelmed by this patch. I guess I was expecting more out of it based on all the patches for Civ V vanilla, but then again I guess that was much more broken than G&K.

The longer it goes without any mention of DLC, and now that we're hearing about a patch and still no DLC, makes me more skeptical. I really wonder if they're done adding new civs to the game. :(

I for one am very interested to see the effects on Diplomacy, truly this will mean many more sleepless nights ROFL!!! Thanks Firaxis!!!!

An option not to use the GDR would`ve been nice. Also more spy options such as sabotage would also have been good. But what they`ve done looks good, I always thought ships, especially those Steam ships (forget name) were way too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom