Strong Deity start

Yep. You can unrar it. That's how I post it because I upload it on totalwar.org where I'm a mod. That's how we upload TW game save files to avoid any corruption.

It is also a way to add viruses and trojan horses to a single file that does not benefit from compression or a zip file...

need to upgrade to your direct x drivers to 10 or 11

Thanks, at first I didn't understand because I do have direct x 11 but when I play the game I've been playing it in direct x 9 instead of the 10-11 option. It used to work just fine in 9 so Im not sure if I changed something or you just have to play it in 10-11option. Anyway I went into the game as 10-11 option and those icons were back to normal, thanks again!

It is also a way to add viruses and trojan horses to a single file that does not benefit from compression or a zip file...

I figured out that might be a concern, seeing as how I'm a new member with a low post count. Hence me posting the pure save file.

I think I have all of the DLCs, I have to check. I didn't disable them because I was simply rolling for a map to play as France. This start came up, and since I've wasted a few great ones, I decided to post this one instead.

I've had a start with Spain where I had mt. Fuji + King Solomon's Mines (not close enough for 1 city but still close). I've had a completely walled off area (thick mountain range) as England with only one choke point and Eldorady near that choke. The choke was 2-3 hexes wide, easy enough to block off. I've had a 4 gold mine start as Attila, a 5 deer start as Portugal, a Lake Victoria start as England... So many interesting starts. All wasted basically, because I'm still fine tuning my Deity play so I stick with a game to about 150-200 turns. I do believe I've improved, but there is also much more to learn.

In this particular save, I'm now at around turn 140. I have:

Parthenon
Sistine Chapel
Hagia Sophia
Borbodour

and can get the Leaning Tower of Pisa if I reload. I find that the random seed for AI decision making can change if you give it around 20 turns to figure it out. 10 turns is too soon and you get the same result. I hope I can reload enough to get the Globe Theater instead of the LTP.

Plains starts suck for growth without wheat, many river tiles or something of the sort. Still, food caravans from my 2 satellite cities have pushed Paris to size 18 or so.

I've had a start with Spain where I had mt. Fuji + King Solomon's Mines (not close enough for 1 city but still close). I've had a completely walled off area (thick mountain range) as England with only one choke point and Eldorady near that choke. The choke
In this particular save, I'm now at around turn 140. I have:

Parthenon
Sistine Chapel
Hagia Sophia
Borbodour

and can get the Leaning Tower of Pisa if I reload. I find that the random seed for AI decision making can change if you give it around 20 turns to figure it out. 10 turns is too soon and you get the same result. I hope I can reload enough to get the Globe Theater instead of the LTP.

Plains starts suck for growth without wheat, many river tiles or something of the sort. Still, food caravans from my 2 satellite cities have pushed Paris to size 18 or so.

Oh Reroll huh!? I hate the thought of that, I don't win all my games but I never reroll anything unless its some sort of major misclick, although I usually just live with that now too, Im not happy about my game right now but I never am and it usually pans out as a win but just never in optimal amount of turns. I guess thats the next step for my game, trying to get wins at sub 250.

Spoiler :
Ok so I should of pressed into Siam sooner but I lost concentration and decided to wait for upgrade to gatling guns. I saved up about 2200 gold by the time of upgrade but rushed them in a bit too fast. I put India at war with Siam for a 3rd time before my attack and it looked good until they made peace and I was staring down a nice sized army of Elephants and what not. I had to back up a bit, build some cannons and wait for Dynamite to upgrade to artillary. I ended up losing 60% of my gats and was upset about it but hey thats how I play, if I would just take my time and focus more this wouldn't be an issue. Anyway India decided to war me as I was ready to upgrade to arts and sure enough they brought 6 Frigates to Busan with no unit to capture the city after they tore down the walls. So I took 3 art over there and blasted out that Navy, while I used the rest of my Army to try and take Siams Muang Saluang. It was a bit of a long war at 24 turns but I finnally took that city along with Vientiane, I plan to raze that city and keep Muang for the time being, move over to Siams cap and go onto India after that. I might stop there and just play to win space race or maybe do some more warmongering. Im not really sure what I want to do, usually this is the time when I get a little bored or fustrated with the game. I do know I want Siams cap for sure since they built the PT and since I've been having alot of RAs that would be a nice wonder to have. My back side is weak if anyone decides a Naval attack but I can start to rectify that soon. This is the first time on deity I've never planted a GS, I usually always plant about 4 or 5 instead of bulbing but Im trying something unusal for my style. I wouldn't suggest this type of strategy for anyone I just felt like mixing it up. Honestly I hate even opening Honor, but the game is way easier if I went Full Tradition or Liberty so what the heck. My culture is in the tank but I have managed to go full Honor, open Tradition and Im 3 deep into Rationalism.

Attachments

• Worry.jpg
    Worry.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Frigates Only.jpg
    Frigates Only.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 2 Cities Fall.jpg
    2 Cities Fall.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Raze It.jpg
    Raze It.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 96
I'm just a wondermonger. It sucks because I also only ever play Deity. I also reload a lot because I'm in the process of fine tuning my Civ 5 play, being relatively new to the game. I am confident I can win the map without the Globe Theatre (duh) but I kinda sorta want it, or the OCD in me keeps nagging me.

For a refreshing change of pace I also have a Mongolia save where I'm wrecking Venice. Next target is Isabella who has Lake Victoria next to her 3rd satellite. If I'm warmongering I don't care about wonders. Since I'll capture them off the AI's cold dead hands.

I'm guessing reloads are allowed? (say HoF challenges)...
Although I shudder at the thought of reloading every time my spy dies... (happens a lot since I'm so fond of couping)
I'm just not going to bother with reloads though. I'll play this normally tonight.

Although I shudder at the thought of reloading every time my spy dies... (happens a lot since I'm so fond of couping)
I'm just not going to bother with reloads though. I'll play this normally tonight.

This game has so many exlpoits to take advantage of and I have no problem with anyone using any number of them, heck Im over here repairing and plundering in the middle of unowned land, also I think I may have had 6 1 turn techs around turn 215 or so but Reroll, that is where I draw the line. As broken as this game is I should be bored as heck by it and never play it again but Im an addict and so I keep playing, but if I started into rerolls I know that I would never ever lose and that would bore me. I guess Im tricking myself anyway because sometimes I play so bad that it is like Im trying to lose, but I feel like I have to handicap the AI.

I'm just a wondermonger. It sucks because I also only ever play Deity. I also reload a lot because I'm in the process of fine tuning my Civ 5 play, being relatively new to the game. I am confident I can win the map without the Globe Theatre (duh) but I kinda sorta want it, or the OCD in me keeps nagging me.

For a refreshing change of pace I also have a Mongolia save where I'm wrecking Venice. Next target is Isabella who has Lake Victoria next to her 3rd satellite. If I'm warmongering I don't care about wonders. Since I'll capture them off the AI's cold dead hands.

My games last pretty long as it is because I don't prepare very well for the wars but Im like Im going to war anyway even though I don't have the proper units or even enough of them lol. I rush in a bit closer than I should because heck its funny. However If I started say rerolling this game it would take me double and triple the amount of time to complete the game. My games already last 6 to 10 hrs anyway. Also I guess you do learn from rerolls but I need the mistakes to make the game more even keel, oh well Im ranting and to each his own. I guess all that really matters is that your having fun doing whatever your doing. I guess my mindset is that I would rather start a whole new game rather than reroll back 20 turns.

Reloads are not permitted in HOF games or in GOTM games.

Spoiler :
First off Im pretty bad at this game when it comes to being optimal. I lose my best units and alot of times I don't even check how many promotions they have and what not. This war lasted 116 turns and it was a bit grueling. I think it took me 6 to 8 hrs to get through it lol. I wore down Siam, took capital and was going to raze a couple more cities but India was attacking me at the same time and I had to give Siam peace. So I focused on Ghandi and slowly killed his wave of units and earned alot of gold doing it. I did get my rocket arts highly promoted and never lost any of them, pretty amazing for me. I took the city that was playing buffer to the capital and moved onto the cap and finally took it. After that it got a little easier and I took another city and razed it, I also had to burn the other city that I took first to the ground because of happy issues. Anyway he wanted peace but I was pretty upset and wanted to liberate Genoa and Chokia first and it became an Army vs Navy fight. I forgot for a moment that usually once you liberate a CS the AI makes peace with them so I lost a unit or two that was a mistake but I liberated both cities by the skin of my teeth at about the same time and peaced out for all his gold, not too bad I think it was 155 gold and 97gpt or something like that. My culture is horrid but I am the tech leader since it's been alot of RAs. Im building some spaceship parts and that is probably the way for me to win. I guess if I want I could build up a navy and go conquer some more but I think Im done with that for now. Im about to get my first nuke and everyone will be afraid for some reason. Funny thing is Morrocco and the Ottomons have been nuking each other for some time now. Istanbul is about to fall and Gaja only has one city left, same goes for Venice down to 1 city. I took a pic of the liberation and the demographics at turn 298 where Im saving the game and taking a break now. On a side note I find it funny how the AI seems to never attack when they really could take your backside, (picture 2) turn 267 Im like attack Korea it is the smart play!

Attachments

• War 267.jpg
    War 267.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Attack Korea.jpg
    Attack Korea.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 81
  • AA please.jpg
    AA please.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 67
  • Liberate.jpg
    Liberate.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Demos.jpg
    Demos.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 71
Spoiler :
I love when that "You've been defeated screen pops up right as your last parts are ready same turn. Well I guess thats official for deity challenges 0-2, I guess I better stop screwing around and play straight for the next game. These last 36 turns were pretty long and boring as you all know, trading and waiting for processing. I made a few mistakes with production and funny thing is if I didn't play around with space station I should of been finished around 328-330 with the "You've achieved victory screen". Also not caring about culture, tourism, and faith hurt as well as I only got 4 deep into order as you all know 6 deep is nice to get the two free GPs and rush build the parts with GE. So yes I could of went into easier policies and won easy but like I said before I need some warmonger practice and this game was fun for me for that but as always tradition and liberty leaps ahead of honor. I did have fun though and look forward to another challenge that all of you can play since I know some of you didn't have the OPs DLCs that was selected.

Attachments

• 1 turn...jpg
    1 turn...jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Defeated...jpg
    Defeated...jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom