Online play?

Tesuji

Warlord
I just got Civ Rev for my iPad. I haven't played Civ for years but I had fun my first few games.

But... I was a bit disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any online play. It does seem to be there for Nintendo. Also no "Game of the Week", which sounds like a nice idea.

Does anyone know if there's any chance this may still become available through some update later? Online play was probably my favourite feature, back in the days of Civ III, so I'd be a bit disappointed if it wasn't available. The iPad is ideal for this, because I'll always have it with me, so I can play my turn any time my opponent(s) finished playing theirs.

Hi Tesuji,

I just bought the iPad recently and love it. CivRev looks great on it.

But like you,I am sorry there is no multiplayer for us. It seems some of the other Apps for the iPad are multiplayer so I am hoping they will make CivRev multiplayer soon.

I don't know if we can make that comment on the CivRev rating page or not.

Let's hope ...

Stwils

Well, my favorite Tesuji is the snap-back, which is just a special case of the throw-in.

Sorry, just a play on the OP's handle. "Tesuji" is a term of art in the ancient, Asian strategy game called Go. The term refers to clever, unusual tactic; a play which would is not obvious, but which leads to a more advantageous outcome than a "normal" move. The snapback is a Tesuji where one player forces the other to capture one of his pieces, but gets to capture a larger group of pieces in return. To borrow from chess, it basically a sacrifice play aimed at capture rather than position.

But basically, I was just trying to find out if Tesuji is a Go player, since they are very rare outside of east Asia.

But basically, I was just trying to find out if Tesuji is a Go player, since they are very rare outside of east Asia.

Not that rare. I know thousands. And some of them are Civ Fanatics too.

Anyway, more on topic, anyone know if an update for online play is in the works as an upgrade for the iPad?

Top Bottom