Folks, I'm back from the cruise!

Hooray! It was awesome and while I could go into details about it, I'd rather not. Anyway, after a quick catch-up of what's going on, I should be back to comic-making either later on tonight or tomorrow.

Either that or YogBox will cause me to waste further time.

I lost my power cable, so the comic will be delayed quite a bit more until I buy/find a new one. :(

Also I wanted to have my 2000th post in the Consul, so there's that.

:dance:

So now that I might be making a comic in the next week or so, I should give my explanation to why I haven't made another one recently.

So when I was finishing my first comic, my family members and I were all wanting to use the computer that I was making the comic on. So then I thought "Hey, why don't I make my next one on my Surface/Tablet/Laptop/Touchscreen/Abomination/Thing? I can even use my Stylus!" Soon after saying this, my Stylus broke. So I thought I would wait for a new one. And it STILL hasn't come. Anyway, then when I thought I should just use the big computer again my free time was attacked by assignments and yeah. So that's why I haven't been making comics recently.

I have just finished my last assignment for this term and I will submit it tomorrow. So you should see a new comic soon. Probably after I get over me going to bed at some ungodly hour in the morning. And after I play some vidja games. Yeah.

Dislike. This is much better here than in OT.

Nonsensical petitions are nonsensical.

Maybe we could go a third route, we could get merged with NES or IOT rather than forum games. I dunno, this might be stupid idea because I'm not thinking like a frigging human being at the moment.

That makes even less sense than us merging with Forum Games or Off Topic. We're not anything at all like an IOT or an NES.

Guys, every so often in Site Feedback, somebody starts up a "let's merge A&E back into OT because nobody uses that forum anyway" discussion (discounting those of us who use it every day). I've been dealing with this issue before, during, and after my modship, and could use some help from the people on whose behalf I did a lot of my lobbying (and continue to this very day).

I'm glad you have a home here in A&E. Creativity like this deserves more than being shoved 50 pages down in a cluttered forum, or worse, at risk of deletion, pruning, or other mishaps. It definitely deserves post count. I read your threads, and enjoy your artwork and stories. If you want to stay here, in this forum, it would help to add your words to mine - especially as some of the nay-sayers weren't even members when A&E was created and don't really understand the full scope of the issue.

I'm hoping to get my comic up this week. Sorry to everyone that I've been posting a comic each two weeks. Lately, I've been feeling a bit lethargic and a lack of energy.

Valka D'Ur, the mod responsible for saving us from Forum Games, has notified me that musings of merging A&E back into OT have come up in Site Feedback.

Discuss.

I've been voicing my own views each time it comes up for the past years or so. I'm pretty much in favor of keeping A&E and not have DYOS go by the whilms of what other people think of merging A&E. My concerns if the merge happens is DYOS is at the mercy of the OT threads and forced to the second page (if plopped into OT) or suffer a loss of previous DYOS threads at some thread purge (as happened when it was in Other Games).

I'm hoping to get my comic up this week. Sorry to everyone that I've been posting a comic each two weeks. Lately, I've been feeling a bit lethargic and a lack of energy.

That's alright, I'm replaying the Mass Effect Trilogy.
Also, we all know work can be tiring on a person. Especially when you don't have a cushy job or people call you over the weekend to do work... or send a helicopter over to airlift you back home to do some trivial matter (true story; happened to a friend of a friend of mine :D)...

My concerns if the merge happens is DYOS is at the mercy of the OT threads and forced to the second page (if plopped into OT) or suffer a loss of previous DYOS threads at some thread purge (as happened when it was in Other Games).

This. Well maybe not the second page part, but I'd hate to see DYOS get deleted.

Also, there's the differences in moderation between this and Off-Topic, which make this much better suited for here.

Guys, every so often in Site Feedback, somebody starts up a "let's merge A&E back into OT because nobody uses that forum anyway" discussion (discounting those of us who use it every day).
Sadly, in the recent Red Diamond Thread (rougly around pg 4), the idea to merge A&E into OT has reared its ugly head once again with even Bird jumping in on support of the merge :(.

Just so you know, I'm not restricting my comic-making to fortnights. I'm close to finishing the Mass Effect trilogy and I'll be able to resume my Sims 3 status quo once I'm done.

Dammit Shepard! I should go.

But wasn't the frustrating anarchic nature of DYOS much of the fun?

Top Bottom