Announcing our First World Wonder!

I've had several story ideas float around in my head. The settings is somewhat variable. First I saw a massive rally to dedicate Sun Tzu's. Second setting was in a reading room in the palace. Third setting was at a place called The Free Cafe where we (Team Free) were sitting around having a game session on the next turn.

Whatever the starting point, two people enter. Neither one like the idea of Sun Tzu's; they think it reeks of a Military-Industrial plot. Sometimes a third person is with them. He is Dennis the Radical from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. (Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.) He doesn't stay long. The first guys think that a Babe invasion would be fun, because they think that young women would be invading force, not soliders (or even young women warriors). One guy is in black pants and a long-sleeve pullover blue shirt. The other guy is in a white modified karate outfit.

When asked how they would defend our land, Blue Shirt pulls out a phaser; White Karate wields a light saber.

Somehow it is explained to these Geeks that real Babe Mounted Warriors will mount their heads on poles (the two guys have a very different impression of what 'mounted' means).

And from here the ending ideas get fuzzy. I see that we could also announce a new line of units; with the completion of Sun Tzu's we would retire both the Man with No Name Gunslinger (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) and Harry Callahan Police (Dirty Harry and more) units. A few units would be kept for ceremonial uses. Taking their place would be the Chuck Norris units (Chuck Norris Fact #43.)

Story Stuff
This would be a story and my stories try to be rather light. The main character tends to be me, not out of pride, but because I can make fun of myself and not be offended. I'm not the only character talking, most everyone gets something to say or do.

If we go with a news article, we could poke fun at our Un-Elected Officals. Remember, when we got ready for Term 2, we had unopposed candidates, so we just declared them the winners. And on Turn 100, we just extended their term of office until Turn 120.

I see a lot of potential comedy in that fact that I "usurped" the Turn Player position (because Kuningas' computer had problems) and then parlayed that into being nominated/sort of elected Turn Player and then extending that Term of Office until now.

'It's all a sinister plot! CommandoBob sabotaged Kuningas' computer so that he could assume complete control of everything in the Land of The Free. Can we really trust some who would stoop to commit such a foul and shameful deed?'

Both posts have just been ideas. Take and use what you want, if anything.

Or perhaps a proclamation of some sort.

Since The Council built the Sistine Chapel, we could wail and moan about having to build a left-over wonder. (Whiney voice: 'We wanted to build a chapel, but someone beat us to it. So we have build something masculine instead.')

EDIT:
Could we tie this in with Halloween in any way? A giant costume party where the top prize is being the model for the next military unit?

This is not a sure thing.

Wonders on Turn 134
Spoiler :

We'll have to wait and see.

We did build Sun Tzu's.

I had a wild idea and ran with it.

The thread is >>HERE<<.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's always nice to see my name in print.:goodjob:

Pinman

We got Sun Tzu's :goodjob: Are we going to build other Great wonders? MoM is scientific so that would give us a trait. After that we need an Agri Wonder and our golden age will be triggered.

Top Bottom