FfH2 0.31 Changelog

How is it you cannot get back his pieces? I haven't seen any mention of it being any harder than it used to be...

The worldspell problem is almost assuredly being worked on, but since nobody has yet reported that the "simple fix" of just making the bResistable tag turn it irresistable, I am understanding that it might be an Acheron level of difficulty to figure out the cause.

As for the Gaelen event, I tested that one out and the only problem is that it is currently set to be INSANELY rare for the third event to happen. Go adjust the weight to each of the events to be 40 and it shouldn't take you long at all to found them. Or do as I did in testing and set them to -1 and you will get Gaelen (well, 2 of him actually) and the Guild 2 turns after you build your first Mage Guild.

I think that the empyrean preists spells are a little off I think it would be much better if they only had sun spirit and life (and take away spirit from order) and give them sorcery and chanelling 1. this allows them to cast:

Whitefire
blinding light
Crown of brillance
Revelation
Courage
Spirit guide
Hope
Trust
Bless
Sanctify
Destroy undead
Resurection
Heal
Cure Disease
(They dont get scorch as they have sun 2 but not sun 1)

I think all of these spell fit their theme, compared to enlisting Order UUs or turning copper into gold and blowing stuff up with an earthquake

11. Added the Demonic Citizens building (given for free in all infernal cities, prevents all unhappiness and unhealthiness) (loki).

Wow, that change alone may double or triple the infernal power.

12. Added the Pestilence event (random, requires at least 40 AC, reduces the population of all non-infernal cities, damages all living units) (loki).

Is this replacing the Blight event that was suppossed to hit at AC 40 (I haven't seen it at all in 030, any patch version)

First off, let me say I'm very excited about the upcoming changes. Especially with the infernals. I'm thinking these will make Hyborem a very dynamic inclusion.

I'm also wondering if there are any thoughts to somehow weaving the Luchuirp golem promotions Light/Heavy back in somewhere? Or maybe having some way for them to get the Strong promotion? Or any additional variability, really. In my games I've found them able to be crushed by most units come mid to late game. Especially when played by the AI.

Finally, how much are we looking to accomplish with .31? The changes suggested already will greatly shift game play, and I'm curious how far we're going to go. In a related tangent, when are we shooting for release? Or is it simply impossible to tell? I, like many I'm sure, ask not to heckle but because I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Andrew Busam

Is this replacing the Blight event that was suppossed to hit at AC 40 (I haven't seen it at all in 030, any patch version)

No, Blight is a fixed event that always occurs around AC 40. Pestilence is a repeatable event that can happen anytime the counter is 40 or higher. Its fairly rare but unlike all the other armageddon events it can strike anytime.

@AMBusam- in light of all the fixes in "0.31" Im probably going to wrap everything we have so far and release it tomorrow as a 0.30 patch. I think thats better than waiting for a full 0.31 release to get bug fixes (and as a bonus you get the tweaks and additions that are in).

No, Blight is a fixed event that always occurs around AC 40. Pestilence is a repeatable event that can happen anytime the counter is 40 or higher. Its fairly rare but unlike all the other armageddon events it can strike anytime.

Kael, I swear to you Blight has not worked on the 2 different computers that i play ffh2 on in 030 any version, i had posted 2 different save games in the bug thread showing that in the next turn blight would supossed to hit and would not. The save games are no longer there as i cleaned up all my all uploads when i uploaded my north america map the other day figuring you had alrwady looked at it.

Pestilence sounds very cool. Personally I think that all of the Armageddon Events should be random, but have certain minimum AC requirements and have a likelihood dependent on the AC as well. The same old events are getting boring because they are too predictable for experienced players. Random AC events would be far more interesting.

@AMBusam- in light of all the fixes in "0.31" Im probably going to wrap everything we have so far and release it tomorrow as a 0.30 patch. I think thats better than waiting for a full 0.31 release to get bug fixes (and as a bonus you get the tweaks and additions that are in).

Sounds good. I was hoping that we could get this soon, and but didn't want to download too much or to slow down progress on either the mainmod or my modmod. This looks like an excellent base for the second version Magister Modmod. It also means that I can get back to my homework instead of tweaking my modmod tonight, since I'd have to add it to the next version of the game anyway.

Assuming that this patch doesn't break things terribly, I think it should be the last version of .30 and that .31 should be delayed until you have implemented a more mechanics. That would give me time to update my modmod, and help the mod move forward faster. I'm really hoping for the mechanic and the Hinterlands "limiting what tiles a civ can own or enter until certain technologies) mechanic (please also make these open to modding in xml/ python, and allow different units/unitcombats to move through terrains at different techs). Also, please go ahead and remove the "2 cities on the same landmass" requirement for liberating colonies in .31. there are already simple modmods that do this from which you could borrow, but it does require C++ (which is beyond me)

There are also a few xml changes that I thought I'd request, possibly for the next patch and definitely for the real .31. These would all be extremely helpful to modmoders:
1. add a civic prereq tag to CIV4SpellInfos.xml

2. add a prereq alignment tag to CIV4SpellInfos.xml

3. add a block alignment tag to CIV4SpellInfos.xml

4. add a block alignment tag to CIV4UnitInfos.xml

5. add a <PyPerTurn tag> to CIV4UnitInfos.xml (working just like the tag in CIV4PromotionInfos.xml)

6. add more python tags to CIV4UnitInfos.xml and CIV4PromotionInfos.xml, which would be called when the unit is created, killed, is un-summoned, fights a battle, kills a unit, captures a unit, when a promotion wears off, when a unit gains a level, when a unit is upgraded, when a unit moves, etc.

7. allow many of the tags in the CIV4SpellInfos.xml file to take a python function that returns a number (or maybe even returns boolean, a promotion, unitcombat, unit class, unit, etc., depending on the tag) instead of just taking a number (or boolean, etc). (I was wanting to determine how long a spell immobilizes a unit using a python define. I can just have the whole spell work though python, but this way would be more efficient I think)

8. Allow python calls in CIV4SpellInfos.xml to take a list of valid targets (determined by the various tags like bAlilve, bImmuneTeam, bRange, etc) instead of just pCaster. I think this could make many spells much more efficient, since the python calls wouldn't need to cycle through tiles and every unit on the tiles to find valid targets. That process could be handled in C++ instead.

Feel free to implement some of these now and take some more time to consider whether you want to take the time to implement the more complicated ones.

Pestilence sounds very cool. Personally I think that all of the Armageddon Events should be random, but have certain minimum AC requirements and have a likelihood dependent on the AC as well. The same old events are getting boring because they are too predictable for experienced players. Random AC events would be far more interesting...

Except, of course, that something impressive has to happen when the AC hits 100. I'd hate for some newbie to be disappointed when the big three-digits hits and... nothing... so, yeah, randomize all events except the big 100. Just my two cents.

I think it would be much more interesting if something big always happened, but it wasn't always the same something.

Right, would be nice if the Armageddon events wouldn't be that predictable. However, the order of the main events should be kept, but blight for example hitting always at 40 makes it too predictble for the human player. That's an unfair advantage against the AI, I think.

The horsemen events should all have the previous horsemen even as a prereq, but I'm not sure everything needs to be kept in order, or even happen every game. I'd like it if sometimes you had a massive rise or fall in sealevel or another ice age instead of blight.

13. Added the Warrens building (Clan of Embers only, doubles all living units built in the city, doesnt effect heroes, national, siege or naval units) (Nikis-Knight).
So, the clan gets, eg, 2 workers instead of 1? Wow, I hope that's not overpowered, especially with settlers.

The new Clan of Embers building is what they needed to be really competitive late game in SP(when arquebusier start playin' around), or in MP.
(Our Lady Bhaal has listened to our prayers)
It is true it will be a little (a tad little) overpowered if it works on settlers.

Hey guys

Just wondering if there is a release date for this, or is it still massively in the works?

Thanks

Al

13. Added the Warrens building (Clan of Embers only, doubles all living units built in the city, doesnt effect heroes, national, siege or naval units) (Nikis-Knight).

that's awesome.

Does the Demonic Citizens building appear in cities the Infernals capture, or only ones they build?

Top Bottom