Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
With a lot of focus and attention on the upcoming Colonization game, Firaxis in a surprising move released a new patch today for Beyond the Sword, labelled version 3.17. This version builds upon the previous one, 3.13, as well as Bhruic's unofficial patch. The new v3.17 patch incorporates numerous bug fixes, gameplay tweaks, and additional features like new map scripts. To view a changelog that lists all the modifications, please see this post.

Almost 170 MBs in size, the patch is certainly large but well worth it. You can download it in-game by selecting "Advanced" from the main menu and then "Check for Updates". Alternatively, you can download the patch directly from one of the download mirrors below:

Download Mirrors:
Atomic Gamer | Strategy Informer | FileShack | GamersHell | WorthPlaying | FileFront

The patch has likely been released on Direct2Drive as well for individuals who purchased the game online. At first glance, it also seems that the patch is compatible with saves from version 3.13, so you can continue old games.

Thanks to Astax and Ginger_Ale for the news tip.

>> Download the new patch
>> Discuss the new patch

I wish they'd finally make the damn thing DVD-independent. I'm not carrying DVDs around with my laptop, which means that until someone releases a no-cd for this version I'm stuck with the last patch.

Come on, Firaxis, other companies can treat their customers with respect. DVD copy protection doesn't stop the pirates - it just makes people who've just purchased your game hang around on sites full of pirates.

Tried DLing from the DL Database: estimated DL time +1 hr! (Alternate DL location: 7+ mins.);)

Finally! It's about time, although I thought they where never gonna release a post 3.13 patch. Better late then never.

Just patched.
My old saves no longer work.
Just one pitboss the host said he fixed the game to run with the patch.
Can someone help me,please? I know nothing of computers.
My thanks in advance.

I wish they'd finally make the damn thing DVD-independent. I'm not carrying DVDs around with my laptop, which means that until someone releases a no-cd for this version I'm stuck with the last patch.

Come on, Firaxis, other companies can treat their customers with respect. DVD copy protection doesn't stop the pirates - it just makes people who've just purchased your game hang around on sites full of pirates.

Holy crap... I never thought about that, most of the gamers I know download no-cd's and are tempted by the pirate dls beside them. Sometimes thats the only place to get a no cd, from a .torrent or other dl with illegal .iso files in it. . .
they ARE hurting themselves!

Also, YAY PATCH!

I only know to uninstall it if you can. I tested it on my desktop and I couldn't play my PBEM games or previous saves. :( I left my laptop alone to keep playing. For now.

Just patched.
My old saves no longer work.
Just one pitboss the host said he fixed the game to run with the patch.
Can someone help me,please? I know nothing of computers.
My thanks in advance.

With a lot of focus and attention on the upcoming Colonization game, Firaxis in a surprising move released a new patch today for Beyond the Sword, labelled version 3.17. This version builds upon the previous one, 3.13, as well as Bhruic's unofficial patch. The new v3.17 patch incorporates numerous bug fixes, gameplay tweaks, and additional features like new map scripts. To view a changelog that lists all the modifications, please see this post.

Almost 170 MBs in size, the patch is certainly large but well worth it. You can download it in-game by selecting "Advanced" from the main menu and then "Check for Updates". Alternatively, you can download the patch directly from one of the download mirrors below:

Download Mirrors:
Atomic Gamer | Strategy Informer | FileShack | GamersHell | WorthPlaying | FileFront | CFC.Net

The patch has likely been released on Direct2Drive as well for individuals who purchased the game online. At first glance, it also seems that the patch is compatible with saves from version 3.13, so you can continue old games.

Thanks to Astax and Ginger_Ale for the news tip.

>> Download the new patch
>> Discuss the new patch

YIPEE! YAY! :lol::lol::lol::cool::crazyeye::goodjob::D

Have it down loaded on to a cd, where and how do I load it? Do I just sllick and drag it in a folder and if so which one? Or just doulbe click on the file and it automatically down loads where it is supposed to. Have the RiseofMankind 2 mod down loaded but not sure if this is is in the right place.

Top Bottom