Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Yeah. This error really needs fixing. I propose the following:

1. Anytime your odds to win are 50% or more, you automatically win no matter what.

2. Anytime your odds to win are 10% or more, you have a 50% chance of winning.

3. Anytime your odds are 0.1% or more, you have a 10% chance of winning.

Oh, heck... just make the odds of winning 100% all the time and nobody will complain!
:lol:

It's amazing that sometimes people don't realise that 90% odds means that - on average - you will lose 1 out of 10 battles, and 50% odds means that - on average - you will win 1 out of 2 battles. ;)

Playing 3.17 I just won a cultural victory in a marathon game with 3 cities having culture of 150,000 each. In my current 3.19 game the city level seems to be have been increased to 300,000. I can't imagine being able to accumulated this much culture for this number of cities.
As ori says, you are playing with No Espionage. If you turn espionage back on, you'll notice that the limit returns to 150,000. :)

Ori and Lord Parkin, yep that's it. Guess there is no more cultural victories unless dreaded Espionage (to me) is on. To bad its the only way this simpleton could win.

Have you played with espionage on at least once, just to try it? It actually isn't that bad. You don't even notice it on the lower levels, except for the (sometimes) missing graphs. It definitely isn't an overwhelming gameplay feature, at least playing against the AI. :) (Playing against intelligent humans, espionage changes the game more significantly.)

Have you played with espionage on at least once, just to try it? It actually isn't that bad. You don't even notice it on the lower levels, except for the (sometimes) missing graphs. It definitely isn't an overwhelming gameplay feature, at least playing against the AI. :) (Playing against intelligent humans, espionage changes the game more significantly.)

Yes I have tried it a couple of times and spent all my production on counter spies, spy buildings/measures and rebuilding spy destroyed items against one or two spy crazy AI opponents while the other 9 kicked my butt in all other areas. Hey I know the problem is with my abilities, or lack there of but what can I say.

Yes I have tried it a couple of times and spent all my production on counter spies, spy buildings/measures and rebuilding spy destroyed items against one or two spy crazy AI opponents while the other 9 kicked my butt in all other areas. Hey I know the problem is with my abilities, or lack there of but what can I say.

This was an interesting link I ran across, Weakened Spies

If you happen to use other mods, the changes would have to be incorporated - IE Varietas Delecat or the like.
Generally I compare CIV's original files w/ the file in question w/ *TotalCommander - and then just apply the change to the given mod's file.

*There are a number of file diff/comparison tools one could use, I had a few in the past - but have found for most intents and purposes Total Commander suffices. It's actually interesting to a degree how many minor-tools & apps TC makes completely redundant.

First, sorry if I am junking this thread up with issues not exclusive to 3.19 it's that I have never encountered them before.

OK, like I said 3.19 (Noble) and I have 3 uranium resources under my control. Isabella whose attitude is Friendly is in a war with Shaka. I get a screen that my brothers in faith needs help (we are both Hindu) and of about nine options the two available is to ignore the issue and to provide anything necessary (which is uranium). I choose to ignore wanting to keep a tight rein on the resource.

Two turns later the screen comes up again and this time the only option highlighted is to give anything she needs. I guess my other option would be to quit but wanting to play some more I give it up.

What's this all about:confused:

This was an interesting link I ran across, Weakened Spies

If you happen to use other mods, the changes would have to be incorporated - IE Varietas Delecat or the like.
Generally I compare CIV's original files w/ the file in question w/ *TotalCommander - and then just apply the change to the given mod's file.

*There are a number of file diff/comparison tools one could use, I had a few in the past - but have found for most intents and purposes Total Commander suffices. It's actually interesting to a degree how many minor-tools & apps TC makes completely redundant.

Thank you I will read the link and try to learn.

When ever I try to run the installer it locks up. I've never had a problem installing a patch before so does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

i should probably give a backstory to what has happenned. i have been playing civilization for 4 years, i had BTS as soon as it came out and have been playing it avidly ever since. i recently stopped playing the game with the huge malarky that ensued after patch v.3.17 but started playing again when i heard about the release of v3.19. i installed 3.19 first time with no problems, tried joining a game and was having trouble connecting to the third eprson so naturally i restarted the game. only when i did so as soon as i got the into the lobby it said i needed to download the patch again!? and this is where things started to get worse. i tried installing the patch but instead of trying to install the patch it tried to install BTS? crazy because obviously i was playing it so it was installed? after trying to no hope several times i tried uninstalling all my civ games and reinstalling them. this has gone without a hitch apart from BTS. i couldnt uninstall BTS intitially the easy way because as well as it trying to make me install the game when trying to patch it also doesnt show up on add/remove programmes ? no problem i did it the long way by deleting the files manually c:prog files. firxsis. bts!!
now i have a super problem because warlords and civIV original install fine noe probs, but BTS will point blank not install!? i try anf it says something about "DIRECT X is now searching for any updates" next thing i know poof the whole install screen goes? ive tried everything and i just cannot install the game? any help on this matter would really help. i read a similar thread on the issue but there wasnt much help from it =/

its driving me absoloutley mental because i cant even install bts to play single player let alone online where i really want to play

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

This patch has broken PBEM. I thought the problem with the PBEM turn being 'stuck' was just a conversion problem, but it is also happening with new games. There seems to be no rhyme or reason which games are affected

what is pbem may i ask?
i did some fiddling and i have a different problem now. i did a system restore for a few days ago, now all my civ games show up and in the add/remove programmes list. result?

no

now i cant start the games without some kind of XML error message, and i cant uninstall them a s it sends me an error report on "setup.exe" thr problem is no longer isolated to BTS it now does this on ALL versions of the game =/:sad:

You should provide either a save or a screenshot. I have never heard of any event with 9 options.

Sorry I don't know how to post a screen shot. Here is the save game just prior to the event where I had to turn over the uranium. I tested and if you just Enter to go to the next turn the it will appear. I note that there are only 7 options but each seems to be limited to one strategic resource depending on the need and the one not to supply the item. The only item not shaded is the one to provide the resource, which I didn't want to do.

This patch has broken PBEM. I thought the problem with the PBEM turn being 'stuck' was just a conversion problem, but it is also happening with new games. There seems to be no rhyme or reason which games are affected

This seems to be related to reloads - if you complete a turn but choose not to send (or even if you *do* send), then it can get confused. It's difficult to describe, but the answer is to delete/rename the folder that contains the saves for the next player and try again.

This seems to be related to reloads - if you complete a turn but choose not to send (or even if you *do* send), then it can get confused. It's difficult to describe, but the answer is to delete/rename the folder that contains the saves for the next player and try again.

Thanks! I'll try that.

Sorry I don't know how to post a screen shot.
  1. Hit the Print Screen key. This puts a .jpeg file in your Screenshots directory (just below your My Games\Beyond the Sword directory)
  2. Log in (create if necessary) an account at Photobucket.com (or some other photo upload site, but pb is the one I know).
  3. Use "Choose Files" and select the screenshot from step 1.
  4. Title the shot as you like using the screen pb gives you after step 3. (optional -- you can leave it untitled, but titles do help humans to find stuff)
  5. Return to the main screen (button near the bottom of the screen you get after "Choose files")
  6. Hover over the thumbnail; a bunch of "links" will appear below. Select the one that says "IMG tag" and copy (ctl-C)
  7. Paste the resulting text into your Civfanatics post.

I know it doesn't help you, but I have had no problems with this patch on Windows 7, either 32bit or 64bit, having played a large number of turns on both.

Same here, no issues playing on Windows 7 64 bit with Civ BTS 3.19/Blue Marble/Better AI .78 .

Top Bottom