Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

I've seen it inside the BtS folder in my computer, but clicking it brings up a .dll error. I can play it fine if I click on the link to the :\E drive

Has anyone else noticed that the 3.19 patch also removes the requirement for the Game CD to be in the drive (at least, it has on the "Complete" version - the one without Colonization, that is)?

Yeah, thats one reason why I'm trying to find the desktop icon so that I don't have to have the disk to at least get the game info. With this, I can play Civ3 Complete in one window, and BtS in the other :D

Thanks for the patch!

Now, I can play the game without the cd. That was so annoying. Also, I can load up my game at work and download the 3.19 patch and I won't have to use any cd at work. That will be nice.

It's great that the world's workforce is so focused :p no offense, just I saw the opportunity. I'd probably do the same thing at school :p

Oh no!! Not again!!

This is just like last time!!

I literally just put the finishing touches on my mod, after many hours and weeks of work, and half an hour later ... they release a new patch!! It happened just like this with 3.17 too!!

Excellent! Let us all know when you're almost done with your next mod!!

Thanks to Firaxis for remembering this game!

Thanks for the patch!

Now, I can play the game without the cd. That was so annoying. Also, I can load up my game at work and download the 3.19 patch and I won't have to use any cd at work. That will be nice.

The ability to play without the CD is why I upgraded (and why I stopped playing last October when I "upgraded" to Vista). Seems to work great with the just released SP2 pack for Vista x64.

{Sigh} and I was just starting to get alot done because I abandoned modding Civ! Time to rebuild my own mod based on 3.19!

Yeah, thats one reason why I'm trying to find the desktop icon so that I don't have to have the disk to at least get the game info. With this, I can play Civ3 Complete in one window, and BtS in the other :D

Uhh...just create your own?

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\

Or wherever you have it installed into, right-click on the .exe , "Create Shortcut"
Right Click on Shortcut, "Cut"
Right Click blank area of desktop, "Paste"

What exactly is the problem...?

The ability to play without the CD is why I upgraded (and why I stopped playing last October when I "upgraded" to Vista). Seems to work great with the just released SP2 pack for Vista x64.

:confused: I've played CIV on Vista 64 for close to a year. What was your problem?

Much the same as other posters - when I click on install of 3.19 it doesn't do anything - tried the patch from many places - the first patch of Civ IV that hasn't worked for me! :cry:

Much the same as other posters - when I click on install of 3.19 it doesn't do anything - tried the patch from many places - the first patch of Civ IV that hasn't worked for me! :cry:

Found a way for the 3.19 patch to work (from a technique written about how to uninstall CIV IV!). Hope this works for all concerned whose patch isn't installing...

Open My Computer then open the Local Disk (C:)
Open the program files folder.
Click on the tools menu then choose folder options
Click on the view tab and tick the box labelled "show hidden files and folders". Press OK
Open the installshield installation information folder
Search for a folder named {32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989}
Right click on the folder and choose rename. Press the End key on the keyboard and type the word OLD. Press the enter key
Insert the Beyond the Sword install CD and open My Computer. Right click on the CD drive and choose explore,
Locate the setup.exe file and double click.
Beyond the Sword will then be installed again.
Install 3.19 patch as normal.:goodjob:

Uhh...just create your own?

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\

Or wherever you have it installed into, right-click on the .exe , "Create Shortcut"
Right Click on Shortcut, "Cut"
Right Click blank area of desktop, "Paste"

What exactly is the problem...?

Nevermind, I did that yesterday after I finished Exams for the year. I still don't know why it wouldn't open the link for a long time. Clicking and dragging it caused it to tell me some B.S. about the .dll file not working, yadda, yadda.

I have been playing Final Frontier for a while and decided to go back to a standard game of Civ IV. I built 4 warriors, and when I could upgrade them to Phalanx's, only 1 unit upgraded at the cost of all of them, and the rest stayed as Warriors. When I click on the Warriors (who are all in cities connected to my capitol, with access to bronze), they have no upgrade ability). Has this bug been fixed with this patch?:deadhorse:

As far as I recall, you can only upgrade "all" Units on the same plot of the same type that is currently being upgraded (and possibly they all need to be selected). And it sounds like your other warriors were in other cities.
The cost quoted to you by the game - if you only had one warrior in one city (currently selected) - would be the cost to upgrade that single unit.
The other units no longer provide an upgrade option as you are possibly out of Gold.

As far as I recall, you can only upgrade "all" Units on the same plot of the same type that is currently being upgraded (and possibly they all need to be selected). And it sounds like your other warriors were in other cities.
The cost quoted to you by the game - if you only had one warrior in one city (currently selected) - would be the cost to upgrade that single unit.
The other units no longer provide an upgrade option as you are possibly out of Gold.

I have always been able to upgrade all units of the same type, no matter what city they were in, in fact; they did not have to be in a city at all, but rather inside your territory. If you highlight a unit of the base type and use the Alt key with the upgrade, the game would determine how many units it could upgrade, and then if you did not have enough money, only upgrade the ones you could afford.

I had plenty of money available (1534 gold, with a +3 gold per turn income).

If you do not have enough money for the upgrade, the upgrade icon is grayed out. I was not getting the upgrade icon on the unit at all.

I just retried, and when I upgraded to Spearmen, it did it fine. I cant work out why it failed, but I will ignore th eproblem for now.

@ Kenjiro : Oh right, the Alt Key, I tend to forget about that one. I have the Logitech MX-518 and after mapping the keys in and using AutoHotKey, can bump up the 8 key mouse to about 14 keys by setting two (side forward/back) to Shift and Ctrl (modifiers) plus making it easy to do Shift|Ctrl Select (Click)... makes it possible to pretty much not need the keyboard at all! :)

Top Bottom