No policies - beat the game?

Gustavus Rex

Prince
If you have allow policy saving-setting you can choose not to take any policy what so ever.

My question is - has anyone tried this and beat the game without grabbing any single social policy, and if so - on what level?

This is technically not quite correct.
If you are granted a free policy (Oracle, Worlds Fair, Olympics, early ideology bonus, Sidney, the 3 world wonders that require an ideology) you are forced to take the free ones before advancing the turn.

They is technically not quite correct.
If you are granted a free policy (Oracle, Worlds Fair, Olympics, early ideology bonus, Sidney, the 3 world wonders that require an ideology) you are forced to take the free ones before advancing the turn.

Yea whatevah! ;)

If not playing as Poland you can at least avoid it.

You eventually end up with a policy before the end of game. Unless you get a quick duel domination victory or something.

You eventually end up with a policy before the end of game. Unless you get a quick duel domination victory or something.

When and why?

Even if that is so, it's still strikes me as a challenge to beat the game with tradition opener only. :cool:

When and why?

Even if that is so, it's still strikes me as a challenge to beat the game with tradition opener only. :cool:

I believe he's referring to getting one from the free early adopter from ideology which you can only avoid if you are third (or later) to an ideology.

Right.. you can avoid a policy if you are the third first adopter to one ideology. Some wonders also give out free social policies that make a no policy game hard to get.

I have no doubt the game can still be beat on Deity. I mean fully optimized play is pushing 200 and lower, which is typically still 100 turns before the average Deity AI will get around to getting close to a win, give or take a handful of turns.

You'd probably want to stick to a smaller tall peaceful game, since a large source of happiness to play wide comes from policies.

This should definitely be a new Deity challenge. I know I couldn't beat it, but I'd be curious to see how many could.

So there's plenty of people out there that could pass Deity that easily huh.. I could pass prince that easily guaranteed. . . Some social policies are kind of important sometimes.

It'd be tough, but not impossible. Happiness would be a struggle as Tradition/Liberty are big sources of early-game Happiness. Think of pure Piety starts, but without even those weak benefits.

Top Bottom