Bought a new desktop

Rubendg12

Chieftain
I always played on a laptop. And with 6 players the speed was decent, with 8 players it got slow as hell towards the end, at lowest specs.

Ive now bought a new desktop
Intel i7 processor
Nvidia geforce gtx 770 video card
16 gb Ram

Is there anyone with a comparable pc that can tell me how civ runs on their desktop?

Ive heard some people play with 21 civs? In the settings it is not available in my game. Can it be done? And how does it run?

I know that I play on a computer with older hardware than what you have, and I run 8-10 civs occasionally on High gfx settings and runs smooth.

End Turn wait takes a little bit, but still not much to be frustrating at all

I have a similar computer (Ivy i5, 660) and it runs great. I run standard maps with no problem with turn times, and they only start to get long at the end of games on large maps.

For what it's worth, turn times depend on the PROCESSOR; your GPU (which is quite good) is already plenty good for the game.

I never notice any problems running Civ V on a relatively older desktop but my son's laptop runs super HOT when playing Civ. Is that a standard reaction or might there be something wrong with the laptop?

I got a i5 and 8 go ram about a year ago and civilization 5 runs on it good. That I7 should run civilization 5 with no problems.

I always played on a laptop. And with 6 players the speed was decent, with 8 players it got slow as hell towards the end, at lowest specs.

Ive now bought a new desktop
Intel i7 processor
Nvidia geforce gtx 770 video card
16 gb Ram

Is there anyone with a comparable pc that can tell me how civ runs on their desktop?

Ive heard some people play with 21 civs? In the settings it is not available in my game. Can it be done? And how does it run?

that should run awesome, just put quick movement and quick combat on, as you'd get long endgame if you go for bigger maps.
I've never had any problem with my 2 years old PC (i5-2500k, Asus HD7750, 8G Vengeance RAM). Only issue was CPU getting hot, what was fixed by installing a good CPU fan. If you are with the stock cooler, I advise you to upgrade this immediately.

A good fan can keep the computer cool especially when you have the computer near the sun or next to a hot place. Keeping the computer cool keeps the computer running.

Top Bottom