Tech pop-ups in Multiplayer?

jkp1187

Unindicted Co-Conspirator
Is ther anyway to get the tech popup screen (you know, the one that appears when you discover e new technology and prompts you for a new research goal)? I missed out on getting the free tech I really wanted last night in a multiplayer game when I discovered Philosophy first and for some reason the tech tree defaulted to "Mapmaking". (Not that mapmaking was bad, but I had Isaac Newton cooling his heels in London for another 20-some turns until Literature was discovered).

Hmm...actually, I checked, and it turns out that I already had this button unchecked.

I'm not the one hosting the game, though. If the "host" has "show fewer multiplayer popups" checked, would this override a player's settings?

There simply is NO pop up in multiplayer.

We asked in the Conquests Beta for it. It´s not possible with this multiplayer engine.

The only way to go is to pre-plan your research with shift or ctrl click (i forgot)

OK this question is right down my alley, I was wondering the same thing and now you've answered it, I assume it's the same for when a city finishes building something and we don't get the pop-up anymore.. that is soooooo annoying, you waste major time going to all ur cities to make sure their not building anything stupid. H

Has this been fixed in any updates for conquests ??

cheers.

Hmm. That's really disappointing. That kind of reduces the value of getting to Philosophy first or the ToE, if you want to choose a free tech that isn't in the immediate tech tree.

You can choose your next tech if you get philo first. Simply go to your Science screen and hold shift and click on the tech you want with your mouse. It will show you a 2 beside it as the tech you are presently learning has a 1 beside it :)

This is a good tip, I didn't know it either.

About the city build, you can kind of handle this with the build-queue. If you're like me and only play turn-based online, then there's plenty of time during the opponents turn to visit all your cities regularly and manage them.

Top Bottom