windows 10 TP

tirnaog

Chieftain
Hello there,

Was wondering if any of ye have tried this in Windows 10 yet?
I had it working with no issues till the last update.
Now the game wont start. No error msg just wont start.

Thanks
Deasun

Well I tried about everything I can think of.
1] Did win refresh in settings. No luck same error.
2] Did win restore in settings, No luck same error.
3] Did a full on reformat of PC and install from DVD disc image. No luck same error.

My other PC, desktop, on same Win10 version, 9926, is running Civ5 no problems.
The laptop use to run it up until last update.

Here's what I see in the even log:
Faulting application name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe, version: 1.0.3.279, time stamp: 0x546cd0a8
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.9926.0, time stamp: 0x54bdee57
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002d992
Faulting process id: 0x1d2c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0509eb1e50960
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: f0728a87-bc91-11e4-ab31-208984103a85
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am at a loss.
:(

same for me:

Dear Community,

after I've updated my Windows 10 Technical Preview (x64) to the March Update I cannot play Civ V anymore.

The games does not work when using DX 11 mode.

Not via launcher not when directly launched via Civ_5_DX11.exe

Either the game will stop responding when launched OR it will launch and will stop responding when any game is being loaded.

edit: DX 9 causes the same issue

Please help. Really want to avoid to go back to Win 10 b9926.

Measures taken so far:
- checked game cache
- complete uninstallation of Civ 5 incl. manual cleanup of MyGames\Civ5 and the Civ5 Directory within Steam
- complete download of Civ 5.
- tried MP and SP.

Nvidia Driver 349.90

No issues with other Steam games so far.

Great news guys, this issue got fixed for me by the update of Windows 10 CTP b10049 (need setup / subscribe to fast update cycle in Windows Update)

I was investigating myself as to if I should bother updating to Windows 10 (I've been offered a free update). Having done this dance with Mr. Softy too many times in the past the last thing I need in my life is hours upon hours of fixing, rebooting, or having to reinstall both Steam or Civ5/mods etc etc just to get my game back to working. Why? For Windows 10!? I was damn glad I avoided the whole 8 debacle and I suspect this iteration will be yet another months long dance with the tech forums and pushed updates just to get things in a working order for not only Civ5/BE but all my other programs. Such has been Microsoft's track record since forever.

What says the experts here? Are you going to roll the dice on this first Windows 10 build or stick with what is working now? I can't see the benefit myself. :dunno:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4e2-b879-0b5ca20d1230?page=1&tm=1434900924233

the issues im seeing now i upgraded to win 10 from 8.1; desert had a regular pattern all over it.
another time some of the icons top right about turns to world congress dont appear.

the next turn button either has some rainbow or is just completely transparent.

some of the screens when loading game the loading thing down the bottom has corruption.
the icons when you get told about city state needs help for example (tthe blue circles above the next turn thing) they are empty of graphics on load. this is dx 10/11 running. it worked fine before.

Interestingly I've found that Civ V seems to run faster on Windows 10 for me, with less glitches so far than I would encounter on Windows 7.

I had been worried, becuase if Civ didn't work I'd definitely have to roll back. :p

so far as i can tell civ works, directx 9 there is not much of a problem graphically now. but the issues graphically with dx 11 just ruin my enjoyment, i spend my time being upset and angry at the corruption and not able to concentrate on playing and enjoying. i havent seen any actual crashes except when i tried to set the exe files to windows 8 compatibility.

Problem is a presumably AMD processor, Beyond Earth is a new choice AMD cpu users. Beyond Earth also not working windows 10 AMD processor

Top Bottom