which hexes are being worked

pinkishkittny

Chieftain
Sometimes when I go into city view I can see green icons indicating which hexes are being worked.

But mostly this information is not shown. How can I make sure this information is available?

Click on your city. At the very top right there is something that says -citizen management. Click that and the citizens will show up.

There's a dropdown bar at the top right corner called "citizen management". Click it, and it'll allow you to allocate/view citizens.

when your inside the city view, the is a drop-down list on the upper right of the screen. You might need to scroll up to it. The population control is above the list of buildings and such. It allows you to food focus, production focus, etc.

once that is dropped down, you can see the tiles being worked more clearly.
You can also perform manual control and remove worked tiles (causing unemployment, possible starvation, lock tiles in place etc.)

In puppets you cant do the manual control, as it defaults to gold focus. But you can still see which tiles are worked.

Like so many things it is easy when you know how

For some reason Firaxis intentionally decided to hide some of the crucial micromanagement information in the default settings, so I have no idea how new players learn to play :(

In previous games, "Governor" style city management was a late game option to help avoid micromanagement tedium; in Civ 5 many of those became the default interface.

Some that come to mind: citizen management, build queues, buried beakers and gold, aqueduct timings, opponent tech progress.

The good news is that these forums are full of good information ;)

Top Bottom