Building Help

No, in XML I don't believe so.

In Lua, however... I believe Machiavelli has a code for when a building is finished, then you could check if the player has adopted an Ideology with IsPolicyBranchUnlocked and set a dummy building with an effect similar to Gardens! :D

EDIT:
Wait, no, this is in the wrong order. You would need to do the above but with a PlayerDoTurn (instead of the building finished code) to check every turn if you have adopted an Ideology AND loop through all the cities looking for the normal building and adding a dummy one to simulate the effect.

One complication is that there's no longer Policy Opener Policies for the three ideologies like there is for the other policy branches. So you'd have to make the lua look for whether any one of the '1st tier' tenets had been adopted, and then look through cities for Building X, and then grant the dummy building with the +15% great people generation in the cities that had Building X.

In strictly XML code there's no way to do it since there's no <Policy_BuildingSomething> table that allows the increase to great people generation via a building.

It would be tricky but possible with a bit of lua.

When a player adopts a policy (there is an event for that) test to see if the policy is adopted is an ideology. If so loop over all the player's cities and if the city has the building, give the city a separate building that has +15% great people generation.

The second part of the algorithm requires using my building created event code. When the building is created test to see if the player has an ideology policy. If so, give the city the +15% great person generation building.

This approach does have a corner case when a player adopts an ideology without taking any policies. This can happen when a player doesn't get any early adopter free policies.

Top Bottom