Where's Hitler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Cooper

Chieftain
no im not racist. My best friends Jewish! But were was he in warlords. Jeez he started a war that caused the death of millions and fought in the war before that. he should be on the cover! once again IM NOT RACIST!!! i mean they put shaka and brennus in there. i like em but ive never heard of them before!!! tell me wat u think and if uve heard of shaka and brennus before of civ, Please Tell Me!!! im a history geek :D and it stinks if i dont know something i should:(

No I'm not racist my best friend is Jewish?

rofl

I guess the reason Hitler isn't included is because it would cause a number of complaints, and not just from Jewish players.

But there are plenty of other harsh rulers in the game, and some contemporaries of Hitler, like Stalin and Mao.

From a purely historical viewpoint, he was a key leader in world history, and there's no reason for him not to be included in the game.

But some people will personally feel very differently. I guess it's just a matter of not offending a great number of people.

But then they did include Stalin and Mao...

i mean they could have him listed on the box as a leader and then if u dont like him either dont buy the game or dont play as or with hitler

B/C they're really, really sensitive about that stuff.

It took the world long enough to realize Germans aren't Nazis -- that it was a political party and not the views of the entire country.

I know people who still don't get it.

So, they ban some stuff where Hitler is related just to help the healing / forgetting process along. There are still people alive who met Hitler IRL. When all those people have passed ... and all the people who knew those people have passed ... maybe Civ will see Hitler, and the world will be cool with it.

BTW, there have been about 20 too many posts asking this same question. You can save yourself a lot of hassle by using the Search function.

i mean they put shaka and brennus in there. i like em but ive never heard of them before!!! im a history geek

Some "history geek" we have here...

To me the more important question is why should Hitler be in? Now I don’t have The Warlords expansions so I don’t know if there’s a scenario or something that needs Hitler but apart from being a crucial part of igniting the war that would kill over 70 million people I can’t see what his merits are, especially when compared to German leaders of the past.

The reason he isn't in isn't because he was a monster of an unimaginable scale, Mao and Stalin were both directly responsible for the deaths of far more of their own people than Hitler was, he's only not in because the German government refuses to let any product with hitler in it be sold in Germany, that is why you see most WW2 games foregoing the swastika on the Nazi flag, because you can't have Nazi symbolism either.

As far as the epic game goes, no, he dosn't belong. He may have gotten a pretty sizeable empire going for like five years, but in the end he led his nation to ruin. Stalin and Mao both led to their nations becoming stronger overall, Hitler destroyed his. I'd like him for a WW2 scenario though.

first off im an american history geek. and second with out hitler,and yet again IM NOT RACIST, think about the jewish population. its still relitivly large, even after the holocaust and wars between them and their neighbors. Hitler killed relitivly 6 million jews. now imagine if he haddent. that would 6 million more people plus their kids adding tension, pollution, and, for whatever reason, jews are one of the most hated races ( IM NOT RACIST). If we had a lot more of them then the chances of say, WWIII, would be significantly enhanced. so hitler was a major major major MAJOR part in history, and since he started WWII, i think he should have been in the game.

Yes i am a history geek, thanks for noticing :p

Moderator Action: Inappropriate comment and yes it was racist. Another thing is stop spamming the thread.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Touche :)

The reason he isn't in isn't because he was a monster of an unimaginable scale, Mao and Stalin were both directly responsible for the deaths of far more of their own people than Hitler was, he's only not in because the German government refuses to let any product with hitler in it be sold in Germany, that is why you see most WW2 games foregoing the swastika on the Nazi flag, because you can't have Nazi symbolism either.

As far as the epic game goes, no, he dosn't belong. He may have gotten a pretty sizeable empire going for like five years, but in the end he led his nation to ruin. Stalin and Mao both led to their nations becoming stronger overall, Hitler destroyed his. I'd like him for a WW2 scenario though.

actually a lot of WWII games DO have swatskas on the nazi flag. its authinticism.

Hitler was indeed a major part of history. Were it not for the Road to War, the huge arms and technological race, and his actions the world would have played out very differently.

America would also perhaps not be the muscle it is today.

I however don't think he should be in this game. His actions are very still alive for a lot of people, for example I can walk down the shops and see bullet holes from Meschersmitts along the high street. So think of those who were around to see those bullets fly.

There is also problem enough in Germany with the growth of Neo-Nazism. They do, and rightly should, avoid anything to do with Adolf at great lengths.

Inclusion of whom many regard as a monster would be too repelling, particularly to a company concerned with profit.

haven't you heard that the new Tom Cruise movie where he plays as Hitler has been banned in Germany! It's just a movie, imagine what they'd do the the game!

That's right folks, it was okay to kill 6 million Jews because otherwise they would create pollution.

If you really want Hitler in the game, mod him in. I'm sure there are Neo Nazi mods you could download.

I AM NOT RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeez!! I never said it was right! i just said maybe thats the way it was supposed to be

that's right folks, The world was supposed to lose 6 million jews to a signal war.

:lol:

Why should Hitler be in the game? Is the reason a good enough reasonto overcome the bad ones?

If they added hitler, will the new amount sells overcome the lose of sells in germany?

Answer these and you'll know why hitler isn't in the game.

well then if the world wasnt suppose to lose 6 million jews in a war, yd it happen?just bcuz something is bad doesnt mean it wasnt suppose to happen. it WAS suppose to happen because it was planned that way and hitler had enough power and insperationto make it happen o and someone said heis civ was only around for 5 Years? time does not matter the otttomans,vikings,mayans,aztecs,babylionians,and incan empires did not last till today. some diddnt see 1850some barely saw a.d.!!!but there all in or going to be

I've tried, and I've re-read your last post a few times, however I fail to come up with a retort or response for you.

Congratulations.

You need to start another thread on the existance of fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom