R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

In you Steam\steamapps\common\Sid meier's civilization v folder you will find a file called:
CivilizationV_DX11

double click that guy.

This should result in the launcher loading and you have the option to select DX10 & DX11 (Recommened) link in the middle of the window. See attachment.

I run Win7 (64bit) and never have to set steam to any compatibility mode.

Attachments

• Launcher.jpg
    Launcher.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 73
So my fighter in Amsterdam does a air sweep and kills a British intercepting fighter.
When my fighter returns to Amsterdam, it and all other air units in Amsterdam, are moved (retreated) to Brussels. I believe they are retreated as they take major damage and can not move the next turn.

This also happened to my fighters in Saint Nazaire twice. Both times when killing a intercepting British fighter.

Can some one else confirm that this happens.

Thanks.

I have Barcelone in my game. The correct spelling in both English and Spanish is Barcelona. I guess that's what I was trying to say earlier.
ho, ok, I'll change that.

So my fighter in Amsterdam does a air sweep and kills a British intercepting fighter.
When my fighter returns to Amsterdam, it and all other air units in Amsterdam, are moved (retreated) to Brussels. I believe they are retreated as they take major damage and can not move the next turn.

This also happened to my fighters in Saint Nazaire twice. Both times when killing a intercepting British fighter.

Thanks.
Do you have a savegame from just before the bug ?

You need a military Academy in the city that wants to build the project.

I have all of that in Berlin which is my highest production city, and still Ive only had projects for the 88A (stuka replacement) and the heavy bomber and nothing else ?

Thanks.

Ive had that happen aswell alltho Im not sure its due to intercepting or doing a sweep, I got really confused when I saw that my 4 ME109s had moved from amsterdam and had taken massive damage...

I have all of that in Berlin which is my highest production city, and still Ive only had projects for the 88A (stuka replacement) and the heavy bomber and nothing else ?

nothing else coded yet, there are still a lot of units to add, there will be more (and other types of projects)

Do you have a savegame from just before the bug ?

Attached. Use the various fighters in France to air sweep over Britain. The fourth one should kill a Brit fighter. I used the one in Caen last, so the result was both air units in Caen moved to Saint Nazaire. With Damage.

Attachments

• Adolf Hitler - Turn 62 - March 20, 1941.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
thank you, I'll test it when back from work.

I was playing as Italy and on turn 19 or 20 I get a message saying 'Poland has fall !' and then the game crashes, I've played through it a few times but the same thing happens every time. This is an auto save from one turn before:
View attachment 301394
thank you for this, I can reproduce the crash but no luck on what's causing it yet, it happens after the "fall of ..." events, when England start it's turn... I'll look further.

Attached. Use the various fighters in France to air sweep over Britain. The fourth one should kill a Brit fighter. I used the one in Caen last, so the result was both air units in Caen moved to Saint Nazaire. With Damage.
Ok, thanks again, this one should be fixed in next version.

On attack, I use a function to get the last mission plot of an aircraft, for bombard attack it return the bombarded plot, but when sweeping it return the starting plot of the sweeper, and then the mod thought that the attacking aircraft was in fact invading it's own city, making all unit in the city retreating (including the attacking plane...)

So the odd retreating happens when a plane kills a enemy plane during a sweep, and only then ?

So the odd retreating happens when a plane kills a enemy plane during a sweep, and only then ?

It shouldn't happen on interception or bombard mission, yes.

Well.
I increased production for Germany.
I gave more starting promotions for their units.
Too much actually, but it was real fun to fight against them!!!
No problem to take Copenhagen (simply using bombers). Almost conquer Britain, one city left, turn 80.

But I'm aware now that AI determines quantity of units can be send for specific war.
After these units are destroyed there is no any reinforcements.
AI does not either send units from other fronts no produce new ones.
AI also does not spend free gold for units (I gave a lot of gold to Germany and it was untouched).
That's the most strange for me.

Are you planing to make this MOD available for hotseat?
Is it possible?

I hadn't planned ahead for multiplayer options, as it can't be done now with the vanilla game. Anyway, as it is now the mod would be incompatible with simultaneous MP, even if Civ5 allowed mods and MP.

I will try to make it compatible when MP becomes available to mod, but this won't be an easy task I believe.

HotSeat may be easier. May even be already feasible with some work. But it's not on the priority list, 'cause it would consume too much of my modding times.

Hi. I can't seem to get both parts into the mod menu. I installed but only one line shows up and not the data file one but its in the documents mod folder. Do I need to put the file in a folder and name it something?

how did you "installed" ?

how did you "installed" ?

I used the mod installer within the game. It installed one file but the data file that is not in a sub folder does not create its own mod folder. The core file does. But Im guessing i need both these files mod foldered because you need to activate them both in the game as the readme suggests?

the ingame mod browser failed to extract the files correctly, use 7zip or another archive manager to do it.

you can rename the .civ5mod file to .7z or .rar if your archive manager refuse to extract it.

next version will be directly in 7zip format.

Top Bottom