World Congress Votes

Chum

King
Here's something interesting I've never seen mentioned here. Backstory --

Multiplayer game with 1 friend. I'm Ottomans, he's Poland. We kinda got dealt poor starting conditions and didn't get off to a dominant start. He ended up having to deal with Darius in order to get resources, and I just kinda turtled up and worked the culture game.

I founded the WC, but I really had no weight to throw around the world, and I lost it pretty quickly due to no CS influence. Catherine had been a very strong friend since I found her (she always is for me, I don't know why she's reviled so much around here). When I saw that neither my buddy or I could host, or get the other vote, I decided to just vote for her, because she was doing things I liked (like she proposed and passed World Ideology: Freedom, when I was the only Freedom civ in the game).

She thanked me for trusting her to run the WC, and then on the next WC leader vote, I get this. Now there's something you can use to your advantage.

Attachments

• 2014-06-14_00001.jpg
    2014-06-14_00001.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 462
thats not the leader vote, thats the host vote ...

Whoops, yeah, typo out of the thesaurus.

Still haven't seen it noted, and still useful for gaining control when you otherwise wouldn't have it.

I really don't know what to say, that seems like a bug to me. I have never seen AI voting for anyone else than themselves (when it comes to vote for leader or host), even if you have ten bright green modifiers (like having DOF, denouncing same ppl, fought common enemy, helped when needed, dof with same leaders, forgive em for spying etc. ).

No bug. I have a green modifier for "Helping them to bring the World Congress to their lands."

Just a mechanic no one has ever stumbled upon before. And certainly not posted in the last few months or so, if they have.

I thought the OP was full of it, and then I was playing this game. Totally unmodded, standard, deity, continents, single player, playing as Russia.

Spoiler :

There are a lot of green modifiers with Dido.

Very odd. Next election it was right back to normal, self-centered Dido.

This is really odd.. I consistently vote for the Civ that has the highest amount of votes to get the modifier, and although I do usually end up befriending them, they never vote for me in return. Perhaps they're more likely to vote for you if you aid them in war or something? Like how a city state votes for you when you liberate them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really odd.. I consistently vote for the Civ that has the highest amount of votes to get the modifier, and although I do usually end up befriending them, they never vote for me in return.

I agree. This is how I often play, and have never seen this before. Certainly not predictably useful!

Edit: It's also worth noting that in both mine and Chum's case the AI doesn't give up anything by voting for the player; since they still have the largest vote count the 2nd proposal will go to them. I doubt, however, that the AI takes that into consideration ...

I agree. This is how I often play, and have never seen this before. Certainly not predictably useful!

Edit: It's also worth noting that in both mine and Chum's case the AI doesn't give up anything by voting for the player; since they still have the largest vote count the 2nd proposal will go to them. I doubt, however, that the AI takes that into consideration ...

That's a very very good point; completely blew past me! I know it would be difficult to test, but I wonder if these results would replicate if the Civ would miss out on the second proposal. I'm no genius on AI programming, but I assume their goal would be to 'win at all costs', so this is all quite puzzling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can reproduce it in most games. I've had it happen a couple times since then, and the times where I don't have it happen is usually because I've fallen out of favor with them in the time between host votes. I certainly don't expect them to vote for me if they've denounced me :)

I haven't been able to garner world leader support with it yet, but you can definitely use it to get yourself a proposal in a situation you would otherwise be unable to due to influence. And considering most AI proposals are garbage, anything you can do to influence your chances of getting to make one yourself is huge. I've had games where the world's fair didn't go up until 1800, and I had one a couple nights ago where we made International Games and the ISS at the same time after continued AI junk proposals.

Top Bottom