Preview: Musket Jaguar

utahjazz7

Deity
Here's a unit to help bring the Aztecs into the age of gunpowder. It's a musketman flavor unit. I'm going to try to keep the animations as close to the CivIII musketman as possible, but they may not be perfect. I think that he's a little too big right now too, so I'll need to fix that.

Oh, and the name is up for suggestions.

First post! :D

I love it! It's amazing! At certain angles, though, I have difficulty distinguishing what is what, because it's so colorful and detailed (huh? since when is detail "bad"?).

I love it. I love you (hold on there...)

"At certain angles, though, I have difficulty distinguishing what is what, because it's so colorful and detailed (huh? since when is detail "bad"?)."

Maybe it is because this is a static preview, probably not a problem when you see the anims.

Nice unit IMO, very good idea to make this kind of "what-if" units.

:)

Agree. This "what if" unit for the Mesoamericans was debated a very short while ago.

That looks wonderful! :goodjob: Now if only we could get the Egyptian Flavor units done.;) Once again, Great Job!:goodjob:

Yoda, Civ3 is extremely physical.. so why can't the units be?

Hey you never know, if the Aztecs would have learned about gunpowder before they were conquered they would have had one like this. And the Aztecs aren't always conquered in the Epic Game, aren't they?

Originally posted by Mobilize
Yoda, Civ3 is extremely physical.. so why can't the units be?

Hey you never know, if the Aztecs would have learned about gunpowder before they were conquered they would have had one like this. And the Aztecs aren't always conquered in the Epic Game, aren't they?
Its just a matter of views. Personlly I think civ3 is about simulating history, not rewriting it. No matter what my oppinion is, its still a beutifull unit Utah:thumbsup:

If anybody was wondering what that exchange was in the Sketches thread, it was utah taking this unit off my hands... ;) Love it!

I think you more than did my sketch justice. :goodjob:

Excellent unit idea. I like to rewrite history when I play. The reason the Iroquois invade and colonize Europe when I play. :arrow:

Of course I could use this as an advanced unit in my fantasy mod.

How about calling it a "Musketman", and just having the Aztec one have different graphics than normal? Or you can call it the "Fire Stick", or something like that.

You can't give it the same name as an existing unit.

There were some who hoped that C3C would include the ability have a single unit with civ-specific graphics, but unfortunately, this never came to pass.

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
You can't give it the same name as an existing unit.

There were some who hoped that C3C would include the ability have a single unit with civ-specific graphics, but unfortunately, this never came to pass.
As I just posted in another thread, embryodead (IIRC) had the idea to use spaces in the name. "Musketman" isn't the same as "Musketman ".
He is using this idea in his Warhammer Mod, btw.

I, for example, renamed my Asian musketman to "Arquebusier" to prevent from such a thing to happen.

Besides, not only would it require lots and LOTS of coding to implement civ-specific graphics for units into C3C, which, I think, would alter the game mechanics too much, making old scenarios much harder to convert to C3C.

On the other hand, I guess naming it "Musketman " with a space requires less effort than -if it existed- modding the game for civ-specific unit graphics in the first place. I mean, think about it; even era specific units aren't easy to implement.

It looks wonderful! -- And surely I'm not the only one to think of naming it the "jaguarteer" (just kidding :) )

-- Aztec warrior types (jaguar; eagle) were named after predatory animals. Perhaps some variation of "snake" (barrel = snake body; flame = flickering tongue) ... Just riffing here now ... Viper Flame Warriors; Flame-Venom Warriors; Rattlesnake Lightning; ... And obviously I'm assuming that SOMEWHERE in MesoAmerica is a snake mottled like a jaguar ;)

-Oz

Top Bottom