What FFH2 mods are best for tweaking and AI?

lumpthing

generic lump
I've yet to explore the majority of vanilla FFH2 content, so I'm completely interested in "more stuff" type mods. I would like to download a mod which improves existing content and especially the AI's consciousness of FFH abilities.

It seems there are a number of (presumably mutually exclusive) mods for this. Am I right in thinking that, of the big mods, Wild Mana mod is the best for tweaking and AI improvements?

What about "Better Economic AI" and "Fall from Heaven 2 Better AI"? Maybe they'd be even better?

Wildmana probably has the best AI improvements at the moment. I'm not entirely sure if the other AI mods are still being kept up to date, you would have to check the individual threads. Do note however that base FFH is steadily working at improving its AI.

Also, all the mods are mutually exclusive. However, you can have (for example), orbis installed, as well as fall further, wild mana, AND base FFH. The only thing is that you can only run one at a time. The only exception to this is in Fall Further (and Rise from Erebus), which use a modular XML loading system, which allows them to load "Modules", which are XML only files that change specific things, and (IIRC) a maximum of 1 module that uses Modular Python.

-Colin

Wildmana is extremely ambitious, rewriting most of the AI with great results, but also some rough edges, which not every player likes. This is particularly apparent in the current patch for the main mod, which has an early version of wildmana (and parts of my mod) merged in.

My mod (better economic AI) only tweaks the choices of the existing AI, which will provide a competent and fun to play against AI. However it only works for patch versions g and earlier, before wildmana got merged in.

Fall from heaven 2 better AI is also very well done, but is out of date.

Top Bottom