Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the extended soundtrack already included in the mod or do we have to download it separately from the first post? In the Complete List of Features.txt it says the new soundtrack has been added to the mod.

The Soundtrack changes included in the base version only uses music that is already included in BtS.

Leoreth, I'm now trying to add some civs to this mod. I think you have changed the dynamic names system. How to add dynamic names for new civs, if I have a list from RFC Civilizations in Abundance?

So the downloadable soundtrack from the first post adds new music that is not in BtS?
Correct.

Leoreth, I'm now trying to add some civs to this mod. I think you have changed the dynamic names system. How to add dynamic names for new civs, if I have a list from RFC Civilizations in Abundance?
Dynamic names are controlled by DynamicCivs.py. I suggest you simply take a look at how other civs are done to see how it works. The dictionaries at the top of the file and the checkName() method should be of particular interest. Of course you also have to add the text keys into a file in the XML\Text\ folder.

Leoreth, you may have already addressed this, but twice the current RFC DoC, 1.10, off of the Civfanatic server, crashes in the 18th century. Russia in 1725, and GB in 1778 or so. In fact, America did not spawn at all when I played as GB.

America did not spawn at all when I played as GB.
Perhaps that's a new feature?

Currently it's way too hard to win UHV or Domination as England as America spawning spoils all the fun making the game very frustrating. Seriously, America spawn flip RUINS England gameplay completely so it better be removed entirely. In fact, remove every other civ except England. That will make England gameplay smooth and enjoyable. :rolleyes:

Well the America "units" spawned, but they could not found their capital or any city flips. I imagine this may be due to the fact I was running "Imperialism" at the time. Still doesn't explain why Russia crashes too?

I'm wondering if in that case it has something to do with running the imperialism civic...

ps-this depresses me, because 1.10 has become like digital crack for me, I spent about 10 hours playing as England on Marathon. I love this mod and the slave trade is awesome!

You know, slave trade has always been awesome. For slave traders. A matter of perspective!

I'm wondering if in that case it has something to do with running the imperialism civic...

ps-this depresses me, because 1.10 has become like digital crack for me, I spent about 10 hours playing as England on Marathon. I love this mod and the slave trade is awesome!

You reloaded on the turn that was supposed to happen so it didn't...

had an interesting thing happen. not really a bug, so i will share here.

playing as greece, i refused the ottoman flip. their stack attacked immediately and i wasn't quite prepared with units but i had tons of bombards ready. i bombarded the crap out of their stack and while my units were flipping, the new units were also damaged. so a stalemate of low helath units developed. i could heal faster and bring new units in but i didnt want them to flip, so it persisted until they would accept peace.

at this point, they had no cities, since i'd raised anatolia and nothing flipped.

instead of attacking someone else, they opened borders with me and then parked their units in byzantion until the end of the game, never going unstable even though they had no cities.

interesting, i had a previous babylon game in which i made i razed constantinople, the homeless ottomans marched through my open borders, and conquered arabia which they held for a while until eventually collapsing.

I had to reinstall CIV because of computer problems, and I have found that the rar file for RFC DOC 1.10 is no longer on Gamefront. I suppose I can just get it straight from the SVN (right?), but I assume you would like to fix this problem, Leoreth. :p

You reloaded on the turn that was supposed to happen so it didn't...

Really confusing as it happened to Russia and GB games.

I'm sure Leoreth is already on top of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom