new patch: unit icons and health bars disappearing

madm

Chieftain
I posted this in the general thread of the new patch, but I guess it gets snowed under there. But as I read that some other gamers experience the same problem, I'm posting it again in a new thread:

Just played the first game with the new patch. Somehow the unit icons and health bars of units disappear after a unit attacked or was attacked. Pressing F10 brings these indicators back again. Very annoying though. I tried both DirectX9 and 10/11, updating video drivers, different graphics settings. I've played a thousand hours of CiV, never experienced this until the current patch.
Anyone else encountered this problem? Anyone has a solution?

Moderator Action: Moved to tech support.

If anyone is experiencing the same problem: this solved it for me: delete all ini files in your Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 folder, verify game cache (in steam library, left mouse CiV, properties, local files, verify integrity...), start game. It created new ini files that have a different structure than the ones pre-patch, this might have caused the problem? Anyway, it's solved for me this way.

The fix didn't work for me :(

Anyone got any idea?

Edit: It's not a gamecore threading issue. I disabled that option and the problem persisted.

Edit: When checking the game cache I'm now being told that 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired. When I launch the game it then "completes installation". However, the cache will still say that a file failed to validate. It seems that I could do this cycle infinitely if I wanted... :)

The fix didn't work for me :(

Anyone got any idea?

Edit: It's not a gamecore threading issue. I disabled that option and the problem persisted.

Edit: When checking the game cache I'm now being told that 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired. When I launch the game it then "completes installation". However, the cache will still say that a file failed to validate. It seems that I could do this cycle infinitely if I wanted... :)

Hello, it's my first post in here and I'm writing because the exact same thing keeps happening to me as well.
1 file isnt validated, when I do the check files things it downloads it again, it installs it again, but when the game starts the graphics are missing and the the file is not validated again.
I've tried uninstalling the game and re downlonad/install it, but it didnt work.
Hopefully with G&K (it's out on the 22nd here) it'll get fixed.

I've just installed G&K and nothing has changed :(
Still cant play the game.
Anyone can help me with this?
thanks

Challa, could you please post your DXDIAG? The top three sections (down through audio) should be fine.

I've just installed G&K and nothing has changed :(
Still cant play the game.
Anyone can help me with this?
thanks

I can confirm that the problem persists after installing G&K.

Your video is on the tad low side. Have you tried deleting all .wmv movie files?

They are now in two places:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion\

Top Bottom