Screenshots Making Mods Crash

Al-Iskander

Warlord
In DirectX 10/11. Using any of the TSL Earth mods.

I'll try to re-create the error and post the error-message later, but in the meantime does anyone have thoughts on what could cause this?

Via F12? It's probably connected to the fact that Steam layed its screenshot function on the same key like Civ5s quickload function.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no! (And still, thanks for the response :) )

When I do it by "PrtScrn," it just crashes, no explanation given - straight to the desktop.

When I go by F12, it gives me this super-generic totally-not-helpful error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...[path-to-my-CiV-folder]CivilizationV_DX111.exe

This application has requested the Runtimes to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

But, another wrinkle - if I do this right away when I load a saved game in the mod, no problem! If I do it any later, kablooey.

Sure that your computer is really able to handle Civ5? Sounds partially like if it was too weak.

It runs everything at the highest settings and only freaks out when I'm running mods. Screenshots in the regular game and even the Firaxis-made scenarios do fine.

Also it was a hand-me-down, so I had no say over what parts went into it :lol:

Might be that the mods are stressing the game a bit more, maybe too much for your machine :dunno:. Lowering the graphical settings for testing would be an idea :).

I've wondered about that before. All the mods add are a fixed map and some fixed start locations - you'd think that wouldn't actually strain the system, right?

But I'll still give your idea a try next time I get a chance (may be a few days). Still, thanks for the feedback!

I've wondered about that before. All the mods add are a fixed map and some fixed start locations - you'd think that wouldn't actually strain the system, right?

Uh well...normally I'd not think they have a big impact...but I can't really make any sense out of it besides possibly that :dunno:.

Top Bottom