The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

Sorry to ask again, but I'm afraid my question got lost in the discussion about Malta. How is the rest of the Celtic update coming along? I am very eager to play with the new additions.

Would it be possible to make a Romanian civilization? I'm surprised nobody has yet.

Heres a possible idea for how they could be:

Leader: Vlad III(the Impaler)
UA: Son of the Dragon: All units belonging to an enemy civilization that is within your cultural borders suffers a fear penalty on occasion. Units afflicted will not be able to move until the next turn.

UU1: Romani Caravan: Replaces the Settler. In addition to creating cities, they can also be moved into friendly cities and expended to generate a small amount of gold. This unit also moves abit faster. Romani Caravans used to generate gold may return on a future turn in the city they were used in, provided that city is not hostile.

UU2: Ordinul Dragonului: Replaces the Knight. This unit has a high chance of surviving combat if it loses, also, if it has not moved this turn it can attack twice.

...how the, all I did was words out from like ten minutes of wikipedia poking on Malta, and then I look back in after a day or two and the whole thing is coming together

in regards to leader art, I'd say the Uyghurs are in greater need of one too. I think LS at some point changed Timur or someone else like that, maybe you could get one from there too? Also Palmyra's looking awesome. I would say the colors might be confused for Egypt's but it definitely seems noticeably more vivid so it should work out well. As for Malta colors, 1 is the most distinct to me, a lot of the others are similar to JFD's stuff as was said, but a nice distinct pink works well in this case.

I'll most likely try to do things in this order:

Brittany+Manx
Palmyra
Malta

A lot has been going on here so I don't expect to get much done this week. I may get Palmyra done earlier than the Celtic stuff. At the moment I really need help with some arts for Brittany and the Manx

Brittany:
Nominoe scene and icon
St Malo Corsair icon (Scapegrace linked a good image earlier) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13400574&postcount=830
Map (Duchy)

Manx
Illiam Dhone icon
Tynwald icon
Steam packet ship icon (Ironclad replacement, can sell exotic goods and has the medic promotion)
Map (based on Kingdom of Mann and the isles)

Hmm, IMO it would be fairly easy to condense your civs into sets of 3 for purposes of the Steam Workshop. There are pretty easy titles to give them even!

Khanates: Yakutia, Sibir, Uyghurs

Europeans: Lithuania, Bosnia, Latvia

Precursors: Mitanni, Kulin, Saba

Ancients: Seleucids, Palmyra, Nabataea

Seafarers: Ryukyu, Malta, Chimor

because I must always suggest condensing things into sets ^^

Hmm, IMO it would be fairly easy to condense your civs into sets of 3 for purposes of the Steam Workshop. There are pretty easy titles to give them even!

Khanates: Yakutia, Sibir, Uyghurs

Europeans: Lithuania, Bosnia, Latvia

Precursors: Mitanni, Kulin, Saba

Ancients: Seleucids, Palmyra, Nabataea

Seafarers: Ryukyu, Malta, Chimor

because I must always suggest condensing things into sets ^^

Sets are for weaklings!

And LS.

JK :lol:

I mostly say this because A the game freezes up for like 20 seconds whenever I select or deselect a mod to be used and it's a pain for even a small set, much less the 40-some-odd some people have, and B it's more convenient for organizing my Google Earth thing.

For me the freeze lasts between none to around 3 seconds so I can't really say I have a problem with it.

The problem with sets is that every time LS updates his civilizations I have to load the game, wait for the mods to update and then go to the MODS folder and manually exterminate the civilzations which I don't want to have in my game. Single civ downloads prevent this on the ground.

The problem with sets is that every time LS updates his civilizations I have to load the game, wait for the mods to update and then go to the MODS folder and manually exterminate the civilzations which I don't want to have in my game. Single civ downloads prevent this on the ground.

For me doing that is actually faster than selecting and deselecting things in the actual game.

For me doing that is actually faster than selecting and deselecting things in the actual game.

Perhaps too many mods are activated at the same time? When I have no mods activated and try to activate one, it'll take no more than a second, but as more mods are activated it takes slightly longer, but never 20 seconds :p That being said, I usually don't have a lot of mods activated at the same time (probably max. 15 to 20).

I have over 50 mods activated. my mod addiction is strong... help me... please... :cry:

Never enough mods I am so ready to day that P&P and Decisions come out.

I have over 50 mods activated. my mod addiction is strong... help me... please... :cry:

Never enough mods I am so ready to day that P&P and Decisions come out.

Plebeian! I'm well over 80 Mods, most of which are civs that outnumber the original roster.

I have to go make a cup of coffee whilst the Configuration screen is loading - since there's nothing to do for five minutes.

Plebeian! I'm well over 80 Mods, most of which are civs that outnumber the original roster.

I have to go make a cup of coffee whilst the Configuration screen is loading - since there's nothing to do for five minutes.

pfft. Master race reporting in, I have ~200 mods enabled at the same time, wasting 30+ seconds to enable/disable each one. Thus, I have to use the world builder to manage my mods. :mischief:

Oh wow, careful there - I might have to report you for being too innovative.

pfft. Master race reporting in, I have ~200 mods enabled at the same time, wasting 30+ seconds to enable/disable each one. Thus, I have to use the world builder to manage my mods. :mischief:

I used to do that as well - before I discovered the WorldBuilder dowsn't show (all versions of) mods of which you have several versions installed.

Top Bottom