Preview: Alternative COld War

Sheep

Orange Shrooms!
Timeline of the World from 1939 – 1943 – World War Two

January 26th Barcelona falls to Fascist and Italian forces in Spain’s Civil War.
Feburary 27th United Kingdom and France recognize the fascist government of Spain.
March 2nd Pope Pius XII begins his tenure as Holy See.
15th Germany occupied Bohemia and Moravia ending Czechoslovakian independence.
22nd Germany takes Memmel from Lithuania.
28th Franco’s forces take Madrid ending the Spanish Civil War.
April 7th Italy invades Albania, King Zog of Albania flees the nation.
May 22nd Germany and Italy sign the Pact of Steel.
August 23rd Germany and the USSR sign the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, sealing Europe’s fate.
September 1st Germany invades Poland
3rd United Kingdom and France and their empires declare war on Germany.
5th The United States of America declares its neutrality in the war.
6th Union of South Africa declares its neutrality in the war
17th USSR invades Poland from the East, the Polish government flees to Romania.
27th Tripartite Pact signed between Germany, Italy and Japan. Warsaw surrenders to Germany.
October 6th Last Polish organized military resistance ends.
8th Germany formally annexes Western Poland.
November 4th United States order the Neutrality Act to be policed.
30th USSR invades Finland, beginning the Winter War

Feburary 23rd USSR occupies Lasi Island.
March 5th USSR carries out the Katyn Massacre.
16th Finland signs armistice with the USSR ending the Winter War.
April 9th Germany invades Denmark and Norway, Danish government capitulates four hours later.
May 10th Germany invades The Netherlands, Belguim, and Luxembourg. Luxembourg surrenders
13th German army crosses the Meuse River and enters French territory.
14th The Netherlands surrenders to Germany.
15th First McDonald’s (Big Mac is born!) open in California.
17th Brussels is occupied by German forces.
20th First prisoners arrive at the new concentration camp at Austwitz.
25th Battle of Dunkirk begins.
28th Belguim surrenders to Germany.
June 4th Dunkirk evacuation ends.
10th Italy invades France, German General Erwin Rommel reaches the English Channel, Norway surrenders to Germany.
14th Paris falls under German occupation after being declared an open city by the French government.
17th USSR occupies Lativia, Lithuania and Estonia. Operation Ariel (Allied evacuation of France) begins.
23rd Hitler surveys the capital of his defeated foe, Paris. French capital moved to Vichy.
July 5th United Kingdom breaks diplomatic relations with the Vichy government.
10th Vichy government fully established, armistice signed. Battle of Britain begins.
September 7th Bulgaria annxes southern Dobrudja from Romania, start of the Blitz bombing campaign against British cities.
October 28th Italy invades Greece.
October 31st Battle of Britain ends, the United Kingdom prevents a German invasion of the British isles.
November 5th FDR wins his third term, the first US. President to do so.
20th Hungary, Romania and Slovakia join the Axis Powers.
27th Ion Antonescu takes power in Romania as head of the Iron Guard fascist element.
December 19th President Kallio of Finland collapses and dies at Helsinki train station.

Janurary 6th FDR delivers his Four Freedom Speech at the State of the Union address.
10th Lend-Lease Bill introduced to the U.S. Congress.
22nd Australian and British forces capture Tobruk, Libya from the Italians.
23rd Charles Lindebergh testifies before the U.S Congress and recommends a neutrality pact with Hitler.
Feburary 3rd Laval returned to office by Germans in Vichy France.
11th Erwin Rommel arrives in Tripoli
March 1st Bulgaria enters the Axis Powers.
8th Lend- Lease fails to clear the US Senate and thus the US remains committed to its neutrality.
25th Yugoslavia joins the Axis Powrs, suffers a coup d’eat within hours.
April 6th Germany invades Yugoslavia and Greece.
21st Greece surrenders, Allied troops retreat to Crete.
27th German troops enter Athens.
28th USSR and Japan sign neutrality pact.
June 1st Crete capitulates to Germany
8th Allies invade Syria and Lebanon.
9th Finland initates mobilization.
22nd Operation Barbarossa begins with the Axis launching a mass invasion of the Soviet Union.
25th Finland invades USSR breaking the 1940 armistice.
July 5th German forces reach the Dpner River.
5th – 19th Short war between Peru and Ecuador begins after a football friendly.
20th Japan occupied French Indo-China.
31st Final Solution first used to term the final disposition of the Jewish people of Europe.
September 8th Seige of Leningrad begins.
16th Iran declares war on the Allies
October 2nd Operation Typhoon, Germany begins an all-out offensive against Moscow.
8th Germany reaches the Sea of Azov with the capture of Mauripol.
31st Mount Rushmore completed in North Dakota.
November 12th – Dember 27th The First Battle of Moscow, the Kremlin is shelled and left in virtual ruins by the German army however the Soviet defences bolstered by Marshall Zukhov and the Siberian divisions keep the Germans out.

Janurary 11th Japan enters the Second World War with a declaration of war against the Dutch government in exile in the East Indies. Japan occupied Kuala Lumpur.
19th Japan invades Burma
20th Wannsee conference in Berlin on Final Solution.
25th Thailand enters into an alliance with Japan to save its independence.
Feburary 15th Singapore surrenders to Japan.
19th Japan bombs Port Darwin in Australia
22nd President Roosevelt dies of a massive heart attack, Vice President Wallace, takes over.
29th President Wallace gives his ‘Isolationist Policy’ speech as his innagural address as US President, the American public therefore remains strongly isolationist.
March 8th Dutch East Indies surrender to Japan. Japan also captured Ragoon, Burma from the British
23rd Andaman Islands captured by Japanese.
May 8th After the destruction of the Allied Warfleet in the Battle of the Coral Sea, the governments of Australia and New Zealand begin secret negotiations with the Japanese Imperial Government.
10th Allied forces on New Guinea surrender.
July 1st The Battle of El Alamaein begins.
July 13th El Alamein falls, The German army advances onto Alexandria, Egypt.
July 16th Premier Laval of Vichy France orders the imprisonment of all French Jews.
August 7th Battle of Guadacanal ends with Japanese victory.
8th ‘Quit India’ policy by Indian National Congress is adopted. Adoption of Westiminister Act releases Australia from complete dominionship.
9th Indian leader Gandhi is arrested by British in Bombay.
10th Australia and New Zealand break from the United Kingdom and sign an armistice with Japan to ensure their continued independence.
14th Seige of Alexandria begins
19th Leningrad capitulates, USSR suffers a revolt in Chechyna.
October 3rd Peenemunde sees the first A4 rocket launched by Germany, German units enter Stalingrad for the Second Battle of Stalingrad.
November 13th Red Army in Stalingrad surrenders after the German army crosses the Volga on the southern flank and surrounds the city.
December 3rd Second Battle of Moscow begins. Soviet government flees the capital and takes refuge in the Urals.
December 27th Japan breaks the Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact and invades, capturing Vladivostok within hours and North Shaklain Island within hours.

Janurary 11th In response to Nationalist requests, United Kingdom gives up territorial rights in China.
January 18th Moscow falls to the German Army
Feburary 2nd Stalin is captured by a German force, Vlayschev Molotov assumes control of the USSR.
5th Molotov is executed by Red Army officers in a coup d’eat
10th Marshal Zukhov acting as head of state signs an armistice with the German army surrendering all of Russia east of the Urals.
11th Germany recognizes the Republics of Chechnya, Georgia and Armenia.
22nd Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan declare independence.
28th Red Army declares itself to be in control of the remainder of the USSR in the Federation of Soviet Republics or FSR.
March 3rd Alexandria falls to Axis forces, British retreat to the Suez Canal.
10th Major rebellion breaks out in India, Gandhi escapes from prison. Republic of India declared.
15th Axis recognizes Indian independence.
23rd Afghanistan invades British controlled NW India (present day Pakistan)
25th India and Afghanistan sign an accord agreeing that Pakistan comes under Afghan control.
29th British forces defeat the German Army in the First Battle of the Suez.
April 9th German forces cross the Suez Canal, anti-war riots break out in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
May 10th Egyptian government surrenders to the Germans, ends the British protectorate of that nation.
15th Turkey declares war on the United Kingdom, invades Allied occupied Syria and Lebanon.
18th Persia invades pro-British Iraq
20th Saudi Arabia declares its support for Germany and invades the Gulf States including the British colony in Kuwait.
25th British forces along the Suez Canal retreat to Palestine.
28th Germany caputes Tel Aviv,
31st British forces in the Middle East surrender
June 6th Winston Churchill refuses German peace proposal.
June 15th Josef Stalin executed by the German government for ‘Crime against the Aryan Race’
June 21st King George VI of England calls for the resignation of Prime Minister Churchill after the losses in the war.
June 25th Prime Minister Atlee of Britain sends telegram to Hitler, ‘seeking the fastest end to the conflict as possible’
June 28th Armistice signed between Britain and Germany, effectively ending World War Two.

Major Events in post-war era 1943 – 1955

September 11th Treaty of Paris signed formally ending German occupation of the northern part of France, and allowing Germany to annex Alasce and Lorraine, and allowing German military access to French coastlines. Italy is granted Western Piedemont. Reperations are heavy on France.
October 15th Treaty of Moscow signed ending war between the Germans and the Russians. The FSR allows the Germans to occupy all of the lands west of the Ural Mountains.
December 12th Assaination attempt in St.Petersburg (renamed) made on Hitler calls for Hitler’s War against Partisans.
December 24th Treaty of Munich ends the war between Britian and Germany. Britian loses all its colonies in Africa to the Axis powers and recognizes the independence of India, Australia and New Zealand from the Comnmonwealth.

Feburary 14th Ching Kai-Shek assainated by Communists in China. Nationalist government negotiates an armistice with the Japanese.
March 23rd China decends into warlordship as Japan annexes the parts of China under their occupation. Communists and Nationalists lack the strength for a unified government and within the month organized resistance is down to partisan level in the occupied territories and along the borders only minor skirmishes can be made.
November 15th Germany detonates the first nuclear warhead at Treblinka the discovery is kept secret

June 6th King Haakon VII of Norway returns to his nation.
July 25th The United States detonates its first nuclear weapon at Almagordo, New Mexico, completing the Manhattan Project. They too keep their secret.
November 21st Major uprisings in occupied Russia occur that have links to the FSR. Germany offers ultimatum to the Zukhov government.

Janurary 13th With continued Russian rebellion and a captured arms train in the Ural Mountains, the Germans detonate a nuclear weapon at Sverdlovsk. That same day the United States declares that they have nuclear weapons as well.

April 22nd Japan detonates its first nuclear weapon at Bikini Atoll, the release the facts asap

April 30th Hitler dies in the Chancelleory Building, a Committee of top officals takes over.
May 3rd Italy detonates its first nuclear weapon in the Libyan Desert.
15th Heinrich Himmler is proclaimed the second Fuher of the Third Reich.

September 21st While on the way to Tokyo, a bomb explodes on board the Fuhers personal plane, causing it to crash killing all eight on board. In response Josef Goebels takes the Fuhership, and re-energises the populace with firery speeches against the Yellow peril from the Orient.
November 3rd Japan leaves the Tripartiure Pact.
December 7th Mussolini dies in a Rome hospital from cancer, his son Benito Jnr takes over, however Junior as I shall now call him, doesnt like Berlin's control over Italy and he begins to form a Med League with Spain.

Feburary 9th Italy leaves the Triparture Pact.
August 10th Germany signs a alliance with their puppets in France.
September 11th Britian and Germany sign the Germanic Peoples Alliance, Britian regains Rhodesia in Africa as a token of trust.
October 13th Oswald Mosely becomes British Prime Minister, he is leader of the British fascist Party, the Blackshirts.

Feburary 9th The Central American Union is founded.
March 11th The Union of the Carribean is founded. Many seek to have deposed Emperor of Abyssinya, Haile Selassie to come to the new nation.
Septmber 12th Norway, Sweeden and Finland join the Germanic Peoples Alliance.

March 9th At a confrence in New York City, President Earl Warren of the United States and other dignataries of the Americas sign the American Defensive Initiative or ADI. It seekjs to stop aggression against the Western hemisphere.

December 31st The first unmaned German Satelite Reichsatellit orbits the earth.

I am looking at comments. This nes is probably still three weeks away from having all the stats and what not. I will not be accepting any reservations until I say otherwise.

people are probably waiting for a map....you know nesers and thier maps ;)

I think the timeline is pretty solid...nothing TOO unrealistic.

But if you kill it in 2 turns, sheep I swear, its only an ocean or so from here to Brisbane :mad:

Background is good. What is the format, i.e. short frequent updates/long infrequent updates, purchase points economy/ levels driven economy etc.?

Looks intriguing, would like to know more!

What was the reasoning behind Japan not launching it's offensive of December 1941, especially with it's ally Germany being more sucessful than in real life.

Cold War!Alternate!Wants to play!

Also Hitler was in late stage Parkinson's by 1945 with his doctor doing nothing but making him high 24/7. I doubt he'd live till 1949.

Nothing ever existed here . . .

Warman17 said:
Also Hitler was in late stage Parkinson's by 1945 with his doctor doing nothing but making him high 24/7. I doubt he'd live till 1949.

I thought that was brought on by increasing losses in the field and the betrayal of the Italian government, and wouldn't happen if Germany won. But he's still completely insane.

Heres a map sheep- based off the timeline. I hope you use it, as I'm quite proud of it :D. Based off of one of Das' maps.

Germany would look VERY INTERESTING to play *hint hint to all who might try to take germany* ;)

Attachments

• ww2alternate.GIF
    ww2alternate.GIF
    98 KB · Views: 162
*drools* too bad i cant reserve anything yet....

btw sheep, i showed panda the map and he took the liberty of prettifying it for ya. Just telling you so the similarity doesnt freak you out :lol:

And the Alaskan Panhandle is not quite right. I needs to look more like a handle :p.

And the Queen Charlotte Islands are Canadian. Otherwise, it looks great, and thank God it didn't happen :)

azale said:
But if you kill it in 2 turns, sheep I swear, its only an ocean or so from here to Brisbane

Trust me.

follish icarus said:
Background is good. What is the format, i.e. short frequent updates/long infrequent updates, purchase points economy/ levels driven economy etc.?

Look at stGNES: 1949 A Time For Struggle..... It will be once a week updates running of similiar rules.

Warman17 said:
What was the reasoning behind Japan not launching it's offensive of December 1941, especially with it's ally Germany being more sucessful than in real life.

I made the United States way more isolationist, with the Lend Lease Bill failing in the Senate. There was no embargo placed upon Japan, and thus Japan realising it could not beat American industrial might, wisely did not attack.

Warman17 said:

As may be, as the nes will start in 1955, Hitler may be dead before the nes actually starts. Can anyone say Heil Himmler?

It makes me grimace, but yes, I can.

I AM ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

Checklist for launching of the nes

- Timeline 90% complete
- Rules done! Thanks Gelion
- Map done! Thanks Insane Panda
- Stats 50% done Thanks Gelion once again.

CURRENT RESERVATIONS

Canada - Goober
Germany - Insane Panda
Japan - Warman
Iran - Grandmaster.
USA - Conehead.
Italy - Capulet.
India - Cleric.
Nationalist China - Azale.
Spain - blackheart
Britian - JosefStalinator
Austalia - fantasamo
Communist China - Texas Toast

I reserve . . . what else, but CANADA!!!

Top Bottom