Problem with startup

nickla2332

Chieftain
I am having problems with getting past the done part of the initial startup. The loading screen comes up and is then followed by the next screen with the loading xml and such then when it is completed done will appear in that window and then the window freezes and eventually locks up. I have the minimum and recommended system requirements and i have looked through the forums and have not found anything that covered this problem. Any help would be appreciated thx.

Civ 4-- The college dropout machine continues

I've got the same problem. This is damn annoying. Have tried with all kinds of things to get past this, but nope. Installed it on my other computer, and it worked.. sadly enough for me, that computer is a piece of junk and too old to play Civ4 on. So, if anyone has any ideas, it would be most appreciated!

I'm having the same problem. The init screen goes to 'done' and in the background some african music plays. That's it, I can't click or enter or do anything, only solution is to ctrl-alt-del and make it crash (is not responding)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
(I've had this game for a week now and have tried lot's of possible solutions)

I returned my copy of the game today. First the store didn't want to give me my cash back, since the package had been opened, but after a couple of death threats they realized they would be in a world of pain if I would'nt get my money back. Haven't been this upset for years, so I stole 3 used SNES games, while making the death threats. So.. Now I'm downloading a pirated version. I'll never buy an original PC-game ever again. Thanks for saving me bunch of money, Firaxis! Love you!

My girlfriend had similiar problems such as yourselves. It came down to tweaking the video card settings. I suggest checking those out and disabling certain features, like trilinear buffering, AA and such. Also move your sliders to performance instead of quality.

What kind of video card DO you have anyway?

Top Bottom